Monday, July 23, 2012

Celebrating "Fiesta Days"!

Every Year here in Spanish Fork we celebrate "Fiesta days"!  It is always right around Pioneer Day on the 24.  There are activities for about 2 weeks. .  Parades, movies in the park, carnival rides, craft booths, 
rodeo, etc.  On Saturday we went and explored a little bit.  
The morning started with the "children's parade".  Our ward primary participates in this each year.  

Here is the back of our entry. . .

Later in the afternoon, we went and tried out the carnival rides.  Each of the kids had a few tickets to try out the rides.  Elizabeth and Mia wanted to hit the carousel first.  

Luke and Kennedy choose the Ferris Wheel.


RollerCoaster for little kids!

Funnnn!

Put those arms up, Elizabeth!

Rocket ship

I told Elizabeth to try the swings. .. this is always one of my favorties :)

Luke convinced Kennedy to try out this ride. . . :The Zipper. . . .Kennedy wasn't so sure about it!

There they go! I could here Kennedy screaming almost the whole time!!
But she survived and has a story to tell her friends now!

David and I just tried to find some shade. .. it was HOT!!!
We finished the day by running to Costco and getting some smoothies to cool off!  Tomorrow morning I run in a 10K race for fiesta days. .. hopefully I can complete the run :)  Then the main parade is also tomorrow morning for Pioneer Days.  Not sure if I can convince David to go to the parade, but I may take the girls down for it.

3 comments:

Shareen said...

Good job on completing your 10K. It will forever remain a mystery to me how anyone forces themselves to run that far ever, let alone train for it day after day. I'm glad you guys are enjoying your celebrations.

Linda Toolson said...

Looks like fun. They don't do a thing here to celebrate Pioneer Day. Rather lame. Even in Seattle we used to have a ward picnic.

Shannon said...

It sounds like a fun couple of weeks! Kennedy was very brave to get in that zipper - the carousel is more my speed.

Congratulations on the run, too - you are awesome!