Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Musing.

Yesturday, I spent the day switching the girls rooms. Kennedy took Mia's room, and Elizabeth and Mia now share. As I was taking the crib down, I got to thinking. All four of my children have slept in this crib as babies, and I am now taking it down for good. It was a strange thought. I didn't get teary eyed or anything, in fact I am glad to have it gone and give a little more space for the other things in their rooms. But it is just one stage of my life that is now gone. No more little babies sleeping in the crib. Time does fly sometimes, doesn't it? Next thing I know I will be looking at empty bedrooms and wondering where the years have gone. Now I'm a little teary eyed. .. .

4 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

everyone knows it doesn't take much to get my emotions going. That is sad, glad I'll have babies sometime in the future.....in the VERY far future. :)

Shannon said...

By the time your kids have left home, you will have sweet little grandnieces and grandnephews, and then grandchildren to cuddle! :)

Anonymous said...

That did bring tears to my eyes because you have no idea how fast it all comes to pass. Now I don't even have any little grandkids close by to come and spend some time with me. Oh well, I'll soon see the Kellys and then some of the rest for Christmas.
Love, Mom

kelly said...

that's what i've been musing of often this year as i'm about to send my baby off to kindergarten in the fall.
time is definitely flying by...