Friday, April 4, 2008

Shopping joys

  • Ok
  • So this is why I have an empty refrigerator and bare cupboards. I drop Elizabeth off at preschool and decide to make a quick run to the store for a few essentials.
  • I only have Mia, it shouldn't be too bad.
  • I stop in the frozen food area because my phone rings. While I am on the phone, Mia spots the popsicles and decides she wants them. She pulls them out and puts them in the cart. I take them out of the cart, she screams and rolls around on the floor.
  • I am still on the phone, trying to talk to my brother in law about a house project .
  • She pulls the popsicles out again and puts them in the cart. (she won't stay in the seat) I take them out of the cart and put them away. Tantrum number 2, more floor rolling and screaming.
  • I am finished with my call at this point and head to the register. Check out goes somewhat smoothly thanks to a "stranger"(this will always keep her quiet, I need to shop with a "stranger" from now on) talking to Mia and keeping her quiet.
  • As we walk out I ask her if she is ready to go. She has her hands behind her back as we walk out. I find a pack of gum in her hands.
  • My daughter, the shop lifter!
  • Again, this is a minor trip to the store. This is why I hate grocery shopping. Thank goodness this trip was only ten minutes long!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

So this is what I have to look foward to with Truman. Hmmm, makes on-line shopping through safeway.com sound better and better. :)

Julia Kelly said...

haha! this sounds way too familar! that is why we always play the grocery store procrastination game....see how long we can go before we go shopping. speaking of tantrums... i better go. :)

Shannon said...

I am sure this wasn't funny at the time, but it makes for good reading! For the record, I still don't take my kids to the grocery store with me if I can help it. It is hard enough resisting the junk food, without their puppy eyes! :)