Sunday, March 1, 2009

A new something. .

I have found a new love. . . . Audio Books!
I don't know why I haven't really tried these before, because reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I love having a book to read on hand. I prefer to read over watching tv. There's nothing like a good book, right?
I have realized that the next best thing is audio books! When I was heading down to St George and Vegas for my girls weekend with my mom and sisters, I decided I needed something to help pass the time in the van, since I would have some time to myself. I went to the library and checked out the 6th Harry Potter audio book. I haven't read it for a while and since this movie is coming out this year, I thought it might help to pass the time.
And boy did it! I finished listening to it yesterday (with a few tears, I have to add- what a great book!), and am going to go get the next one now. Jim Dale is so good at reading the different voices, and making it so interesting. Plus I LOVE how I can multi task and listen to the book at the same time. Driving, cleaning the house, folding laundry, etc. I have found a new love! It will not replace my love for reading, but just supplement it. . . .
do any of you have a favorite audio book that you have listened to?

5 comments:

Angie said...

I love audio books as well. My favorite part is that I can clean the house while listening. I usually transfer them to my Ipod. I listened to the frist 3 Twilight books. It's nice because Jeremy listens to them at work and often brings them home for me to listen as well. He "reads" more, and so do I. Hope you are doing well. Love ya, Angie

Shannon said...

We used to check out audio books when the kids were little, but I haven't done it in years. One book that I remember we were all laughing aloud at (even Kurt chuckled) was Bunnicula. It is fairly short, too - only about three hours.

kelly said...

LOVE audio books!
especially the harry potter ones!
i've listened to all the twilight audios and eragon 1-3 and most of shannon hale's books.
love it!!

Anonymous said...

I loved listening to the Harry Potter audio books too. If you find any other reader you like as well, you'll have to let me know. Sometimes the voices for other books just don't match my imagination and then I can't finish listening to them.

gina said...

the harry potter books are my FAVORITES, jim dale is AMAZING! but like kelly i've enjoyed eragon & the twilight books too. i also really enjoyed the amulet of samarkand. (i should probably finish that series)