Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Why not sooner??

So, David and I just returned last night from our getaway to Florida. We had a great time. I have been trying to figure out why it took us 14 years of marriage to finally take a trip with out the kids. Here are the reasons I came up with:
  • MONEY. . . . or should I say lack of it. enough said
  • Babies. . . . I was paranoid to leave little babies, or kids who aren't potty trained.
  • Baby sitter. . . we have not had any one close by who doesn't have to work who could be available to help with the kids.
  • Initiative. . . just the time it takes to plan everything. Not just the trip, but everything at home as well.

I really think those are the main reasons. But luckily, we had some money saved up, no more babies (and all the kids are potty trained too), my parents now live just 3 1/2 hours away (so close enough to come up), and we took the time to plan. And I can't believe it took 14 YEARS for us to do this!!

Thanks so much Mom and Dad for helping us out, so we could have this much needed time away together. Hopefully it won't be 14 more years before we get away again (Mia would be 17 then)!

I will post more pictures later. No time right now.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad you were able to escape together. It is a lot of work to put a trip together -- but soooo worth it. I can't wait to see the pictures from your vacation.

Julia Kelly said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! Lucky to have mom and dad so close too! I may have to call you and get more details about all the fun you had!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear about your trip too. I remember all the stress of planning when Mike and I went away for our 10 year anniversary. Up through the first day I was so stressed I was not sure it was worth it, but then you relax and it's so nice to be free & alone again, if just for a few days. Oh, and thanks for contributing to my high school songs collection - I'd forgotten about Depeche Mode & OMD.

Becky said...

Yah, time alone without the kids is so important and very much deserved. I'm so glad. and it makes it so much easier when you have family to watch the kids. I miss that about being in Seattle. Luckily, I've bribed Nate's mom to come when he is home on leave so we can have some adult time, hee hee.

Shannon said...

Glad to hear you had fun, and looking forward to more pics. The ones you posted on 365 are fabulous! :)

kelly said...

and isn't it SO much fun to just be a couple for a few days?!
even if you just go somewhere local, you should totally do this at least once a year.