Monday, July 27, 2009

Fun Visitors. . . and a little trip to the dentist

I was able to pick up my niece, Katie, and her good friend, Ashleigh from the airport on Sunday afternoon. They spent the afternoon entertaining the girls. . . watching disney movies, fixing hair, nails, going to the park. I wish I had them around more often! Not only did my girls love them, but they were great to have around. Pleasant, appreciative. . .and did I mention they entertained and played with my girls all day??

Katie and Ashleigh in their cute matching shirts!
Kennedy sporting her braids. . . . she loves them!
Elizabeths' hair do. . . twists and pony tail.
Not sure why this is sideways, but Mia and her french braids. I got Katie and Ashleigh off to EFY this morning. Those check in lines are rediculous! So long and it is soo hot out! But they made it and here they are ready for a fun week. The dorms seem a bit old, but I am sure they will have a great time. Kennedy also had a dentist appointment today. She was a trooper. She had to have a tooth pulled and another one had a cavity. . . .I miss being able to see Kurt for these! But she was so calm and such a great patient. Hopefully she won't have any more toothaches now. She has been a little miserable for a while now.

8 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

It was good to see Katie an Ashleigh. They both look ready to have a great time. The three girls look soo cute. I'll bet they had the time of their lives.

On a different note. Kristie,did you happen to find our ipod?

Heidi said...

You gotta love the EFY lines. It's funny because I was in them yesterday too -- dropping Alli off! Too bad I didn't see you there.

Tell Kennedy she is a champ!

Unknown said...

mom- i have emailed you like 4 or five times. .. are you not getting them??

Jaime said...

Poor kennedy. That's a bummer. I bet Katie & her friend will have a great time at EFY. What a nice Aunt to take them. I'm sure it was wonderful to have them stay with you, even if it was only for one night.

I hate the heat too. We had 115 degrees yesterday in our neighborhood in Oregon.

Shannon said...

The girls hair-dos are so cute! I am glad you found someone to take care of Kennedy's tooth. No more toothaches, hooray!

Julia Kelly said...

The girls hair looks so cute! I wish I knew how to do cute stuff like that! Fun to see pics of Katie. She's always so good with the kids!

Shareen said...

How fun to have a cool older cousin to pay attention to you all day. We have such nice nieces & nephews.

Kurt said...

I thought she would do great. Most kids her age are great to work on. Glad everything worked out.