Sunday, August 23, 2009

First week of school

School started this week. Kennedy is off to 4th grade, Elizabeth is in 1st, and Luke is in 7th grade! Do I really have a 7th grader?? Unbelievable.

All ready for class to start.
I found a great deal on a few plants at home depot, so got a few to start beautifying the yard! And poor Mia was sick on Friday. She was using the infamous "throw-up bowl". I used this as a kid when I was sick and a few years ago when we were in Seattle our girls were sick so the bowl came home with us. So we now have the bowl for my kids to use. .. isn't that special??

5 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

They look pretty happy about going off to school. I wish them a very successful year in school.

So sorry for you Mia. I hope you are well for your birthday.

Julia Kelly said...

You are a busy Mama! Mia looks so sweet asleep on the couch. Are the girls playing soccer again this year?

And yes, I remember that yellow bowl...not such good memories attached to that bowl.

Shareen said...

I didn't know that was the throw-up bowl! I think I made cookies in that. I'm not feeling so good...

Shannon said...

Poor Mia... I remember when she carried that bowl to the bowling alley! I hope she is better now.

Congrats to everyone on the new school year! They look beautiful/ handsome in their school clothes. Your oldest is in middle school... and my baby! Yikes! Wouldn't it be fun if we lived closer so Joe and Luke could go to the same school? :)

Unknown said...

yes, shareen, i think we used to make cookies with this bowl. .. but it was more known as the sick bowl to me. maybe i was just sick more than you! i don't use it for baking anymore.