Friday, September 25, 2009

where has the time gone?

This month seems to be blowing by so fast and I am trying to think of where the time has been going?!? Here is a little of what has been happening in our lives.

Elizabeth celebrated a birthday on Sept 12. She turned 7. . . .we we celebrated in style! What did we do, you ask??. . . We headed to the mall for some serious shopping!! Elizabeth mainly got money this year, and we didn't have a party for her so we went and spent it! We found some great deals. My kids are learning the art of shopping on a budget from their Mom!! I have to pass the skills on, you know! Here she is with all her "loot". She got a bit of everything a little girl could want. Clothes, toys, shoes, pjs, a movie. .. . She looks so cute in all her new outfits. And we got them all on sale, plus extra % off at the register. She did good! Of course we finished the day with a birthday cake just for her. Isn't she cute ready to blow out her candles? I have also been busy with the daily grind of life. I get up, get the kids to school, try to exercise, a LOT of errands (our business has been REALLY busy), housework, etc etc. I have been trying to read a bit lately in all my "spare time". . . .
We have also spent of alot of time doing this. . . .
Lots of soccer and football games for the kids. Kennedy and Elizabeth finish up their games tonight. They have done really well. Kennedy had a sweet penalty kick in a game a couple weeks ago, and Elizabeth has scored two goals this year. Her coach is trying to teach them positions and Elizabeth doesn't like being "reined" in when she gets put on defense! Kennedy does a great job as well. Luke's football team has had a rough year. His games continue into October. They have won one game. . . but that is it. We keep telling him it is a good learning experience for him. He continues to get better. His last game he blocked two PAT's!
I have tried to get out in the morning and exercise. Jogging, or walking, bike riding. Mia especially enjoys the bike ridingl. The picture in the middle was taken my Mia sitting in the trailer on one of our rides. I didn't know she had taken it.
We love it here. The scenery is fantasitc as you can see from a couple pictures I took the other morning while Mia and I were out. Of course there are other things happening, but this gives you a little idea of our activities lately.
What is keeping you busy?

9 comments:

becky said...

You have been busy! I remember those days, there is a little sadness and a little gladness in me that I have moved past that phase of life. Life is overall pretty manageable with just one at home in sports now!

Heidi said...

You ask what i have been up to lately and I can say ditto! :) Well, at least as far as the sports go. My kids have their last games this week and then we have playoffs for Cole. We have had fun with football this year. In fact Cord is with Cole & Lily at the homecoming game now.

It looks like you had a great time shopping! I love to get a steal at the mall too. That is much better than a party! Give Elizabeth a happy birthday hug from us. Hopefully we can see you again soon!

Jaime said...

my stinkin' ward cookbook has been keeping me terribly busy. I am the only person working on it, with little help, but it's easier that way, less opinions to worry about. I can't wait to see the finished product and have more time for things I really want to do.

Love all your pictures. I agree, the time has flow by and I can't believe it is nearly October.

Shannon said...

Happy belated birthday, Elizabeth! It looks like you hit the jackpot with all of your fun finds!
I have been busy doing a lot of the same stuff as you - soccer (x1), football (x2), exercise, errands (though not for business) and even a bit of pizza! :)
Love all of the photos with this post.

Linda Toolson said...

I''m glad Elizabeth enjoyed spending her birthday money. Good for you teaching her how to shop sales. I can't believe Elizabeth is 7 already. She looks very happy with her "stuff"

Enjoy this time you have running around with the kid's activities. There will come a time when it will be missed.

Glad the business is doing well.

As for us, this month has gone by quickly for us as well. I think we are getting in the groove here. Life is very good for us.

Shareen said...

I'm happy to hear what you're up to and see all your pictures, including Mia's self-portrait.

What's keeping me busy... exercise, classroom volunteering, soccer, being the "team mom" (collecting $, making/buying team banners, organizing snacks, etc.), keeping up the house & this weekend fitting in some shopping to keep my growing kids in clothes that fit.

Julia Kelly said...

well, as you can probably guess little Macey is keeping me busy!

Amy said...

Sounds like I'm busy with all the same things! I really want things to slow down, but I can't think of anything I want to give up.

mycattripoli said...

your kids are growing too fast! they are such good looking kids also! this was a fun post