Friday, November 6, 2009

halloween pt 2 +. . . a little extra

Elizabeth had a few different costumes throughout the week. She was a black cat, a bunny, etc. but on Halloween she decided to dress up as a cow girl. A pretty cute one if you ask me. Mia wanted to wear this same thing as last year. .. easy for me, but not very exciting. I couldn't convince her to wear anything else.
I decided it was time to head to the salon for some haircuts. The girls hair was looking a bit shaggy. Mia just got a trim, because I don't want to cut her hair yet. But Kennedy and Elizabeth both cut a bit off. Kennedy also added some bangs. It is soooo nice to fix their hair now.
After taking the girls to supercuts, I called up the lady that cuts my hair for a little trim up for me as well. This horrible picture of me is a self portrait. .. .you wouldn't believe how many shots I took before I got one that was even half decent. Who knew that taking a picture of yourself is so hard??
On another note. . . .Luke's first report card for Jr High came in the mail today. Straight A's! I know it isn't that hard to get a 4.0 at this stage, but I am still proud of him for getting it done!

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Cute! I love the bangs on Kennedy! I was thinking of doing bangs as well for my next hair appointment. I love the halloween costumes!

Great job Luke with the straight As! I know I sure didn't get straight As in middle school!

Heidi said...

I laughed at the self portrait saga! I have tried before and have just given up -- I just give the camera to my kids now. :)

The kids all look cute in their costumes. Did Luke dress up?

Linda Toolson said...

Such cute girls--all four of you!

I wish my last hair cut would have been as good. There is a a girl in the ward (not active) but it gives me a change to visit with her, and she has cut my hair. This last time her baby was crying. I was trying to hold him, she was trying to hold him and cut. It was a bit difficult. So my hair is okay but I think I better find a different place to get it cut.

becky said...

you all look so cute! It's always nice to go and get a trim and feel freshened up!I am glad I just have one daughter and myself to keep up :) They look cute in their costumes and Mia looks adorable and I think it's great to get a second year of use. Good job Luke, straight a's is straight a's, doesn't matter what grade!

Shareen said...

I agree, 4.0 is impressive, no matter what the grade. And I can relate to the self-portrait troubles. I extend it to pictures of me taken by others too. I think I've deleted almost every picture taken of me this year, because I hate them all! And I wish my girls would agree to cut their hair. I'm always threatening, but haven't quite got mad enough to do it against their will.

Shannon said...

Congratulations, Luke! "A"wesome!
I love the costumes and haircuts. And Kristie, I think that shot of you is great!