Friday, June 4, 2010

Hike. .. number 1. Diamond Fork Canyon. Hot Springs

I have decided that I want to do some hiking this summer. My goal is to try to get out about once a week (not sure if once a week will happen. . .. but I will try!). So this morning we got up and drove up the Diamond Fork Canyon about 10 miles to the Three Forks trail head to walk up to the Natural Hot springs there.

As you can see, it was absolutely beautiful!! The hike was about 2 1/2 miles each way, but ran right along the river the whole time, had some nice shady parts, and wasn't too difficult terrain wise. All the kids made it on their own, including Mia. We had a blast in the Hot Springs (although it did stink from the sulpher), and the water fall and other surrounding were majestic. I had heard that there is sometimes a problem with people skinny dipping in the area, and was a bit leery to take the kids, but thought going during the day should be safe. I was very happy to find every one in bathing suits at the top!

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

I did this hike many years ago when I was living in your basement! It is beautiful.

Shannon said...

So pretty! I am impressed, as always, by your children's fortitude and enthusiasm for hiking.

Shareen said...

I'm still not sure how I managed to live in Provo for years without realizing all these beautiful places exist. So pretty!

Jaime said...

sounds like a nice hike with a great benefit at the end to be able to play in the hot springs.

becky said...

I would love to do some hiking too, maybe your example and pictures will give me a push forward to get out and do it and not just think about it. That happens to me a lot, I think about things I want to go but then never quite do them.

Heidi said...

Kristie I have been a blogging slack lately -- it great to see you pictures of the hike. So where else have you been?

It looks like you are having some fun!!

Oh & I love the rock Dave carved out!