Thursday, June 24, 2010

Seven peaks. . . . Real Salt Lake

I am playing catch- up yet again. This post is from over two weeks ago. . .sigh. We had some free passes to Seven Peaks, the local water park, so took all the kids for some fun one afternoon. This is Luke and Chase striking a pose. . . .

We were able to get some tubes as some families were leaving to use on the rides. Lucky us!!
It wasn't the hottest day, so we definitely had to bundle in our towels when we got out of the water.
On June 9th, David and I took Luke and Kennedy to the Real Salt Lake professional soccer game. It was a blast. They did postpone the game for about 45 minutes due to some thunder and rain, but once the game got going, the weather was fantastic! AFter the game was finished, we were treated to a concert by David Cook. He was the American Idol winner a couple seasons back. I think Kennedy thought it was a bit loud, but the rest of us had fun! Luke and I went down on the field and got fairly close to the stage. We could have pushed our way up closer. .. but you know me. Way too passive. The stadium was awesome. It it recently built to host the team. Did you know that the Real team won the MLS title last year?? All the seats around us were actually full. I took this photo before the seats filled in. Not sure what is up with Luke's eyes here. . . . .
Why am I so far behind, you might ask?? Well things have been extra busy for me so far this summer. I got a job working at. . . .
I decided to go back to work this summer and help out with the big anniversary sale. I am pretty much working full time through July. It makes things a bit different for me and the family, but we are doing well. And I am enjoying my work, although I would prefer to work just part-time. I took a full time position for six weeks to get my foot back in the door and hope that come fall I can get the part time position that I want!!
I will continue to play blog catch-up for a while. . . . .so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

You are busy!! Are you working in Customer Service? Hope you get the part time that you want later. I miss working at Nordstrom.

Shannon said...

It looks like things are busy in UT. I am glad that you are getting to spend time doing fun family stuff besides the working!

Amy said...

Are you at University Mall? I'm looking for a job too, but like you, want something PT this fall. Next time I'm at the mall, I'll look for you.

Linda Toolson said...

I know you are busy, but glad you found time to put up some pictures. We'll be seeing you in a few days.

Jaime said...

congrats on the job. I'm sure it's fun to get out & do something different. Looks like a very fun time at Seven Peaks. I am sure the kids must have been worn out by the time you got home.