Thursday, January 20, 2011

Worst Blogger. . .

Ok. . . I have turned into a TERRIBLE Blogger. Christmas has passed, New Years has passed, My birthday was yesterday, we've been busy with a ton of activites! I should have a really exciting catch-up post, but this is all I got. . . .

I decided that for Christmas I wanted to get each of the kids something for their rooms to help decorate the bare walls a bit. I have this old calendar from many years ago. .. like I think I was a teenager. . . .that I always really liked, so I saved it. Thinking that some day I wanted to take the pictures and frame them to decorate my room. I never got around to it, but I still saved the calendar. So I pulled it out, and decided that it would work for the girls in their room. So this is what we got. . .

These are out of order. . . of course. My blogging skills are quite lacking, as is my lack of blogging. .. but this "happiness is a habit" picture is one of the ones in Kennedy's room. Elizabeth likes to wear crazy out fits, so I thought this was the perfect little picture to put on the wall for her.

Mia picked this one out. . . reminds me of
I also got Mia and Elizabeth a few wall stickers to put on their wall. I pretty much let them put them where ever they wanted. .. I don't think David was too impressed with it, but I wanted them to feel creative and enjoy it, not necesarilly having it look perfect.
This one is also in Kennedy's room.
Yeah, not very exciting, but maybe getting one post done will inspire me to continue blogging. . .

7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great idea to frame those pics! I have always loved Mary Engelbreit - as much for the quotes she chooses as for her art. And I admire you for letting your girls express their creativity... I am sure they have a lot more pride in their room since they got to decorate it!

Jaime said...

I love this idea. the pics look great.

Julia Kelly said...

Looks really cute! Look forward to more blogging . :)

Jen said...

I've had the same problem, getting back into the swing of (random) blogging after the holidays. It's been hard to know what to share.

That said, I hope you had a happy birthday! These posters and the decor look great! Fabulous job! I especially love the sayings. Great thinking! :)

Shareen said...

Excuse me - I am the worst blogger. Don't be trying to steal my title. I love getting decorating projects done. I'm sure they're loving their rooms.

becky said...

welcome back! Now that you got started again it will be easier to keep going!

Linda Toolson said...

I have almost quit looking because you haven't done anything for so long. Now I am just catching up. I'll bet the girls had fun with their decorating.

I really shouldn't be saying anything about blogging because I haven't done anything for a while.

I forgot my camera in Washington so didn't have any pictures to put up.