Friday, December 16, 2011

Let the parties begin. . .

I loaded all these pictures in reverse. . . sigh. So you will hear about everything in reverse order I guess.

Maybe I am trying to make up for six months of anti-social, stressed out self. . .. I have been hosting a few get togethers!
Tonight, the girls had a little Christmas party with some of their friends. I think total it was 14 girls ranging from 6-11 over. I think I planned it just right, because right when they were starting to get a little "crazy", parents were showing up to pick up their kids!
Here are some pictures of the whole crew. . notice our new "love sac" that David showed up with right at the end of the party. .. this created quite a bit of excitement with the girls. We had all the girls bring a small gift and do a white elephant gift exchange. . . always a favorite! Here is Mia with her crew. . .Abigail, Brighten, Mia, Eden, and Kate. They are all BFFs in the same class at school and all in our ward as well. Kennedy with some of her friends, Janette, Kennedy, Amberly, (part of Josie), and then Haley. We also played some Santa bingo with a small prize for everyone. . . a book and a candy cane full of candy. Elizabeth with some of her friends. . . Bethany, Elizabeth, Hailey, and Emily. I realized a week or so ago that the semester for BYU was almost over and we had barely had Bronte over at all. . . so I quickly texted her to invite her for a Sunday dinner before she went home for the holidays. Her and her cute roommates are such good sports with my girls. . . dancing, singing, and keeping them entertained. Windsor (my girls cousin) was getting a little too snuggly to Bronte. . . . Last Friday, David invited a small group of friends over from work for a little get together. It was laid back. . .we ate, visited, and of course did white elephant! Lori and her husband, Tony. Cory, Cassie, Ryan, and Bethany.
I didn't get a photo of everyone, but just had to show that we have a couple friends :) Ryan and Bethany's little boy was quite the entertainer! Kept us entertained. . . . .
Well, three down, two to go.. Tomorrow night Luke is having some friends over to help finish his eagle project. and then sunday I am having David's family over for our Christmas dinner. I should be able to breathe then!! It's fun though, right??

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I am very impressed with your effort to be social! Yesterday was the last day of school here, so Kurt had the girls varsity team over for a little party and when they left Paul, Joe and Kelly had some friends over to watch a movie. I didn't take a single picture!

Thanks for inviting Bronte and her roommates over. I know that they enjoy being with the kids; it means a lot to me that you make the effort to give some family time.

Julia Kelly said...

Holy wow! I thought I was busy! :) I love this time of year even though its crazy busy. Looks like fun, i've always wanted to do a holiday party with friends. Glad to have Isaac's birthday party done.

becky said...

Super impressed with your "socialness"! That is a lot of work in addition to all the other stuff your trying to do. Looks fun though and I know these are the things the kids remember!

Shareen said...

Good for you for all your fun entertaining. I'm afraid I vaguely like the idea of having people over, but hardly ever make the effort and get it done. We have a Love Sac too. Ours is much smaller, I think, but it is heavily used.

Linda Toolson said...

I have no idea what a love sac is. But it looks like a fun time was had by all. (Did you have fun with all the work?)