Sunday, October 4, 2015

It's been several years. . . 

I haven't even looked at this blog for about the same amount of time, but a couple days ago something inspired me to look it up and read it.  I have realized what a priceless way this is to journal, and I think someday this will be special for my family and my children.  
I am not sure why I stopped blogging.. . . but I think so much of it has to do with the fact that shortly after my last post in 2013, David's mom, Mary became sick and passed the first week of March.  How do you write about that, and how do you not write about that event and keep blogging? . . . . So I guess I just avoided it and never wrote about it at all.    

So here I am two and a half years later.  Where do I start?  I'll just dive in.  Today will be a post in memory of Davids mom, Mary.  Although nothing I say is good enough. . . I need to say something to move on.  


This is one of my favorite pictures of Mary with my kids.  This was taken in 2009.  And now it becomes a priceless picture.  After her death, I put a slide show together for her funeral, and realized how few pictures we had of her with the kids.  I think she was a little camera shy and didn't like being in front of the camera.  

Mary was a constant in our lives and our kids lives.  She was faithful and really strived to live the gospel.  She attended the temple regularly, read her scriptures, and served her family.  When the kids were younger, and we lived in Springville, she would come down each Saturday night for a visit.  Usually David and I would go get a bite to eat, and we would return to a clean kitchen, bathed kids, the kids read to, and maybe they would be sitting watching a Disney show with their grandma.  Usually she would bring some type of a treat, most common would be powdered donuts, and maybe twizzlers,  oreos, or a Little Caesars pizza to share.  She would say "Don't worry, it was on sale".   She loved her family, her grand children and her sons with all her heart.  

The week before she died she told me "I just want to be there to watch my Grandchildren grow up, but maybe I will need to do it from the other side".  

Losing her was losing someone that loved my kids unconditionally.  Words can't describe the loss to our family.   

I hope she is still watching over us and guiding my children each day.  We love you, Grandma Mary!!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that you are blogging again! I have really missed sharing thoughts, feelings and memories as people have moved away from blogs. Your memories of Mary are very sweet; reminds me of my Grandma Peal.