Sunday, October 4, 2015

Just finished watching General Conference.  Inspired for a few things.  Greatful for Shannon for taking it a step further and starting our family Facebook page devoted to our weekly pondering of the scriptures.
"Per Devin G. Durrant's challenge during General Conference, select a scripture each week and post it somewhere that you can ponder it. Share it here with the family. We can use this group to share insight and support with each other! " 

Mine for this week is:
Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Should there be anyone who feels he is too weak to change the onward and downward course of his life, or should there be those who fail to resolve to do better because of that greatest of fears-the fear of failure-there is no more comforting assurance to be had than these words of the Lord: 'My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.'" (Conference Report, Nov. 1999 Ensign, "Priesthood Power")


1 comments:

Shannon said...

Love this - the scripture and the quote!