Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

I was going to wait until I got some pictures up, but decided to give a quick update on our Thanksgiving weekend without them, and add them later. We had a great, but busy weekend. David's brother, Ed, and his family came out from Reno, and it was great spending time with them. Eliza hosted Thanksgiving, and is always a great hostess. We ate too much, of course, and played some games. I got up early Friday morning, and just went to Shop Ko for a couple items. I stopped at the gym when I was done, to burn a few extra Thanksgiving calories, and it was pretty empty! Every one was out with the crowds. I went to the mall a little later in the morning, and even though it was crazy busy, and I was alone, I actually enjoyed myself. I didn't have any screaming children with me! While I was out shopping, David had the kids over at Jeff's house, and they all organized a flag football game. All the kids played (except Mia and Windsor), and I think everyone seemed to have a great time. We had everyone over to our house on Saturday to watch the BYU-UTAH football game, and BYU squeeked out a win, so all is right in the world of football right now! Mainly we spent a lot of time "hanging out", and enjoying each others company. The kids really enjoyed spending time with their cousins. It was a nice weekend. Now it is time to get out the Christmas decorations! I can't believe the kids haven't asked about it yet. I will do it this weekend. Here's to hoping that everyone had a great holiday. We have a lot to be greatful for.

3 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I love this time of year, and I wish we could spend it together. Too bad we live so far away...but glad that we have things like blogs, email and cell phones to keep in touch! Love you!

Shannon said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. Kristie, you honestly amaze me...going to the gym the Friday after Thanksgiving? The only excercise I got was taking the debit card in and out of my wallet! You need to be closer to give me a good kick in the bum....

kelly said...

happy thanksgiving kristie!