Saturday, November 3, 2007

Those Pesky 5

OK, I have a few thoughts I have to get off my chest. I have tried to always be good and take care of myself, but I have these 5 pounds that just won't go away! A part of me is, it's only five pounds, don't worry about it, but I do . . . .. afraid that if I let it slide 5 will turn to 10, etc. I decided to start with adding a couple more early morning workouts into my schedule. It was painful (5 am is really early), but I made it to the gym everyday this week. I just don't want these extra pounds to make them selves at home for too long! I cannot "go on a diet". I refuse to starve myself for a few weeks, just to gain the weight back. I have to make "lifestyle changes". So I will let you know if these extra gym visits do the trick. I suppose I should try to adjust my diet as well. First of all, I am really in need of some good recipes. I go to the store, and don't even know what to buy. So meal planning is almost obsolete. Dinner time comes around and everyone asks , "What's for dinner?" . .. I hate that question.. . . and I scrounge around until I throw something together. Suggestions or ideas anyone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have talked about this so I can certainly relate. I have been trying to lose some weight. It is slow going. It has only been two week and I have lost a big 2 l/2 lbs. I am determined to keep after it. Shannon should give you some recipies. It seems like she has good stuff. Brian and I can just have a salad and a piece of chicken or fish-- no kids to turn up their noses!

Julia Kelly said...

we must be related! I just committed myself to run a 1/2 marathon in June. I'm hoping the extra running will help take off a few pounds. you should commit to running some type of race. if we lived closer we could train together. As far as dinner...i have a few good crockpot recipes. Easy to throw together in the morning and yummy at dinner time!! Call me and we can talk :)

Shareen said...

I shouldn't even comment - at the beginning of this year I went on a diet to lose that final 5 pounds. After a few weeks I lost the weight but decided I'd rather be 5 pounds heavier and eat what I want. Of course getting up at 5 to exercise did not even occur to me!

Shannon said...

Kristie, you are an inspiration. I admire your commitment, and envy the fact that you actually enjoy working out. As far as recipes, I do have a few good ones. I will get them together and either call you or e-mail you.