Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Totally Random

I should have some really neat Christmas post to put up, but since my life seems to be full of completely random events, I will share a few of them.

Have you ever played the game SET? David and I used to play it as newly weds with our good friends Jared and Mary (we actually used to get quite competitive). We have had it for a long time, but haven't pulled it off the shelf for many years. I decided to get it down a week or so ago and let the kids give it a try (in a non-competivitive way. .. . just looking for the sets). It is pretty simple. You look at the cards and find a set. There are three different colors, shapes, shading, and number of items. All three cards need to either be the same or all different in each category to make a set. (It really is simple, I just don't know how to make it sound simple) The kids have played it about every day since. Can you see any sets down there? Mia found her first set tonight. All diamonds, All single in number, All empty, Three different colors.
Elizabeth likes to write random notes all the time. She has a pen and paper and writes whatever she wants. This is a sample of what I find laying around the house:

Since this post is totally random, I thought I would mention that we really like hot chocolate (except Mia. .. crazy girl. she doen't like chocolate milk either). We like it even more when we have mini marshmallows to go in the cocoa. I opened up a bag on Sunday morning, and it was empty the same day.. . . ok, ok, I guess I should say that we really like marshmallows!!

Yeah, I know, Mia isn't eating marshmallows, or drinking hot cocoa, but she looked so cute all ready for church that I had to get her in there as well.
The queen of random at our house is Elizabeth with her outfits. Whenever she walks out of her room, I never know what surprise she will have on! Here is her outfit she put on after school today:
This outfit is nothing compared to some of the things she pulls out. I have no idea where this little "snow dress" came from that is three sizes too small. We actually went to walmart with this on. . .. She improvised the face herself.
Various homework activities go on at the Kindrick household. Some how, Luke always has the least amount. ... .he claims he finishes at school. Which must be true because at every parent teacher conference we ever go to his grades are all excellent. Kennedy has been working on her mulitplication. This week is "6s". We work these flash cards several times a day:
Ok, I will throw one random Christmas thing in the mix. My sister-in-law, Shannon, reminded me through her blog post that I have this little book. There is a Christmas story, song, and scripture for every day in December leading up to Christmas eve. Sunday night the story was Christmas Day in the Morning. I love all Christmas stories, but expecially this one. My Dad always read it to us growing up. I couldn't get through it with out crying. My kids weren't quite as touched as me.
I guess that is all my randomness for now. What random things have you been up to lately?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your "random" post! So many of those things happen at our house too.

I love to play Set I should get it -- we used to have it a long time ago.

Things are good for us but I think Dave sees more of Alli than I do. She loves being on the team!

Shannon said...

I had forgotten all about set! We will have to dig that one out for new years eve.
Lucky you, finding love notes all around the house. What a sweet girl!
Maybe Elizabeth will be a designer some day. I love to see girls who aren't afraid to do their own thing...hopefully, her fashion independance will continue into the teen years (in a good way).
We love cocoa too! Except for Paul, so I buy those Alpine instant hot cider packets. But you can't really put marshmallows in cider.
Our random activities have all been holiday themed - baking, decorating and band concert attending. :)

Anonymous said...

Today at Julia's we have been very busy. This morning was a choir concert at Isaac's school. They sang a roooousing rendition of twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jingle Bells. Then we ran errands to finish getting stuff for Isaac's party tomorrow.

Jaime said...

I want that book, how do I get my hands on it?

Love all your randomness. Nothing too exciting going on here. We're kind of boring lately.

Shareen said...

Why am I the only Mormon who hasn't made that Christmas book in enrichment? I let my girls leave the house in their crazy outfits too. I never imagined I'd do that before I had kids. I guess I'm just thankful they're dressed. And the girls look great in their Christmas dresses!