Saturday, February 21, 2009

uh. . . thanks

David just finished up another basketball season, coaching the 9th grade girls team. They had a pretty decent year. . . . won some and lost a few as well! But I think they had a fun season overall. They had their team dinner and awards last night. After David got home, around ten last night we heard a noise and looked outside to find this:
My good friend, Heidi, loves to tp people . . . .and obviously has passed this on to Alli (her daughter. . . who was on the team this year). So Heidi brought over several players from the team, and they got our house pretty good. When we picked it up this morning, the toilet paper filled up half the garbage can! I guess at least they left a "love note". Uh. . . thanks Heidi!
On to other subjects. . .
Luke finished up his basketball season this morning. It was a bit of a rough season. . . several really hard losses. But his team ended on a positive note with a win today. He grew quite a bit as a player, and aside from some frustrating blow out losses, had a good time. He had 5 points today, one of them a three pointer.
And totally random. .. .this is what I found walking around in our back yard today. . . where the heck did this come from??

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Kristie -- I just wanted to make sure you had a good photo op for your blog and your 365 day project.

And why are you blaming me for all this? Those girls came up with the idea and begged me to take them. They did the t.p.ing I was just the chauffeur. :)

The girls all really love Dave and he made the basketball season fun for them. Not just anyone would be worthy of a good t.p.ing.

I am glad that Luke ended on a good note with basketball. It can be hard to play when you loose a lot. That was our entire baseball season a couple years ago.

And I had to really laugh at the chicken! Very funny! I bet the kids loved to see it.

Wow I think I just wrote a book! :)

Julia Kelly said...

that is a good tping job!

I remember a few bad basketball games when i was about Luke's age. Its good that they ended on a good note.

and how funny is that chicken in your yard!!??

Anonymous said...

You know you live in the country when...

Jaime said...

Luke is sure a good looking young man. And I appreciate that he smiles in pictures. Watch out ladies! :)

That's sweet that the girls cared enough to TP your house. I guess it does show how much they appreciate Dave. Hey, at least they didn't put maple syrup on your walkway, & add red hots to the top, or fork your lawn, or bring blinking construction signs & leave those in your yard. :) Oh the joys of being a teen.

that chicken is too funny. Is it still around? you should name it something. Too bad it isn't brown...

Shannon said...

Congratulations to Luke on the final win - and to David for being so popular! :) It looks like the girls were very thorough.
As for the chicken... maybe it will stick around and lay some eggs for Easter!

becky said...

I dont know why but katie and her friends love toilet papering as well. My complaint is that they seem to take all our toilet paper, I go to get another roll and find we are out, when I'm sure I had just bought a big package at Costco. Oh well, there are worse things to go and I can always send Bob to WalMart for more. I have seen quite a few various things in our yard, deer, owls, lots and lots of quail, coyote but I havent seen any chickens yet!

Linda Toolson said...

I'm glad Dave is so loved! If he has made the season fun for the girls that is being successful.

Way to go Luke. Too bad we weren't able to see a basketball game. Are you all getting excited for an exciting week with your Grandparents? We can hardly wait.

gina said...

i can't help but laugh...i bet those girls had SO much fun doing the tping and your husband knows how much he's loved.
congrats to luke...what a perfect ending.

Amanda said...

cute chicken! Some day we will live in an area where we can keep chickens! I went to Heidi's blog first and saw the TP pictures then came here and just laughed-- I had no idea it was your house until I saw it on your blog. TP in the winter-- fun.