Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bear Canyon Camping

We were able to get together with some good friends and go camping overnight last Friday over Memorial Day weekend. We went with the Pasketts, Udalls, and Cottles . .. just like old times from our ward in Provo a few years back. When we get together, it feels so good. I think I can speak for everyone by saying that a good time was had by ALMOST all (a few teenagers were anxious to get home Sat morning. . . ) But my kids had a BLAST, and it was great to visit and hang out with all our great friends. . . we truly are lucky. Elizabeth and Mia (and I think a few other kids) totally grossed me out by taking off shoes, socks, and running around barefooted. They were sooo dirty.

We sat around, roasted hot dogs, made marshmallows for smores, and did some visiting and laughing too.
Those boys just didn't want to leave the fire alone! And isn't that about the cutest group of very dirty girls you have seen in some time??

7 comments:

becky said...

I'm not a big camper but it seems like a good tradition! The smores are awesome too. That was nice you were able to get away for at least one night and enjoy yourselves with all the rest of the craziness that has been going on at your place!

Julia Kelly said...

A little dirt never hurt anyone! I'm not a camper myself either...but the idea of it sounds like fun and it always looks like fun. Glad you were able to get together with some old friends.

Heidi said...

I had a blast too! I'm glad that our spur of the moment trip worked out. We'll have to do it again soon!

Shareen said...

Camping with friends is so fun. Looks like a pretty place too. Shoes or not, the kids always come home covered in dirt. No use resisting it. Is that a snake wrapped around Lizzy's wrist? And I'm dying to see pictures of your new place. Post them soon!

Julianne said...

I'm so jealous you went camping! Late spring and early summer always make me crave the mountains, a tent and a campfire... If only I weren't about to pop a baby out, dang it!

Shannon said...

It does look like you had fun... casual times enjoying good friends and good treats always makes the best memories!

Jaime said...

I think smores are the best part of any camping trip. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures. It does look like the boys have the fire building down.