Saturday, May 2, 2009

women's conference and mom and me dinner

My mom and I helped a little with a big service project Thursday night at the BYU women's conference. We helped with the group assembling these cute wands and crowns that will be donated to sick little girls in hospitals to help cheer them up a bit. The girl that was in charge was absolutely amazing, and designed these herself. It is nice to be a small part of something good. Here I am sampling the cute wand and crowns that all these ladies helped put together.

Another station was making the adorable tutus. My mom and I thought they were a lot of fun.
Friday morning, I was able to attend the first two sessions of the women's conference with my mom. It was nice to be a part of something that helps to lift so many women up. Thanks, Dad, for coming up and helping with the kids so I could get out for a little bit and be a part of this.
Kennedy and I went to her activity days "mom and me dinner". It was nice to do something special with just her. We had a nice little dinner, and played a couple of games.

4 comments:

Shareen said...

What a nice weekend. That looks like such a fun service project to be a part of.

Shannon said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. Love the ideas for the service project - do I see a ballerina birthday party in your girls future?

becky said...

The crowns and wands are absolutely adorable! What a fun idea for a service project, something different than raking someones leaves or pulling weeds :) Kennedy is growing up fast, and it is nice to have those one on one times!

Valerie said...

I've never seen those service projects there. How cute!! I'm just looking around different blogs for notes on women's conference since I wasn't there this year. :)