Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's New?

The Summer is swiftly passing. . . sigh.
It is already almost registration for school, and I just took Mia to get her shots for Kindergarten yesterday. In a few short weeks I will be sending the kids off for the first day of school, and my baby off as well. sniffle. sniffle.
But until then, we will continue to enjoy our summer!
We have been lucky to see Julia and Jacob and their kids a few days this month. I only got this one picture of the kids on the tramp. . . . But they had a blast playing together. Even Macey enjoyed being bounced around on the tramp!
Other exciting new for me is I got a piano!!
Eliza ( my sister in law) decided that she was going to get rid of her piano, so I jumped at the opportunity! It fit perfectly. . . . so let the music playing begin!! (actually I have not played in YEARS, so I am not very good . . . in fact I was never very good to start, but I can't wait to play again). I just need to find some good sheet music to play!
And of course, there is nothing like stopping for some shaved ice on a hot summer day!!

3 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

The kids all look so cute there on the tramp. That is cool to get a piano. At least I think it is. I can see the kids enjoying playing around with it. It might get annoying.

I need to go for a good shaved ice. That looked very yummy!

Shareen said...

Kristie - I highly recommend this piano book: Jane Austen's World: Evocative Music from the Classic Feature Films Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma, and Persuasion - For Piano [Paperback]. I think the music is so pretty and it is just the right level for someone who is returning to piano after 15 or so years. Yay for you!

Shannon said...

Congrats on the piano! Your kids are all soooo photogenic. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!