Monday, September 20, 2010

over due. . . Meet Vin

OK, so this post is a couple weeks over due. . .Mom keeps saying. . ."I can't believe you haven't posted pictures of your dog!!?"
Well, I know most of you already know, but somehow my family got me to cave in to pressure, and agree to getting a dog. . . unbelievable, right? I still can't believe it myself, but here is the proof.

Meet out dog, Vin. She is a Rotweiller and quite beautiful, if you ask me. The kids were so excited! Kennedy kept saying. . " I just can't stop smiling" as we were driving home from picking her up. We have had her two weeks now. And I almost gave her back last week. . . it is a lot of work. This is why I have always said "No" all these years. She is doing well, and is very smart. . . I just want her trained NOW, Today. . . not a few weeks or months from now. But I know I must be patient. But in the mean time, I feel like I have a new born again. Getting up at night to take her out to do "her business" and then still waking up to a mess to clean up in her crate! It is trying my patience.But at the same time, she is learning. She is easy to have around. She is learning to sit, and walking her is getting easier. I keep hearing it will be worth it in the end. . .

Will it really?? I hope so.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

She is awfully cute... and having kids who can't stop smiling is worth a lot!

Heidi said...

I must say that was an advantage to rescuing Penny from the shelter. She was already house broken.

Vin is a cut dog though! And she has an interesting name -- how did you pick it? Good luck with the sleepless nights! I hope they end soon! :)

Julia Kelly said...

I have been waiting for pictures! Sure is cute! But, i'm not going to be getting a dog ANY time in the near future.

Shareen said...

You're making me look bad! I just wish I could make my kids that happy without all the work. That's just not how life works though.

Jaime said...

She is so cute! Good luck with all the fun of the "puppy" phase.