Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

I thought I better try and post before the day is over! Elizabeth celebrated her 8th birthday today. We had a little get together yesterday at the new park here is Spanish Fork that has some nice play equipment as well as a fun splash pad for the kids to play in. It was a beautiful fall afternoon, and still warm enough to play in the water for the kids. Today was a little low key. Elizabeth opened a couple presents this morning, we went to church, played with her sisters and our dog ( yes, we got a dog. .. post to come about that one. . . . .) and we had cake and sang to her tonight. We love having Elizabeth in our home. She is full of life and is eager to help and please. She is a hard worker and a great sister and daughter. I was helping her fill out a paper tonight for school that is called "My Me Book". I thought I would share a few things she said. . . .so you can get to know her a bit better!

  • I am happiest when I am at church
  • I am proud of myself because I am helpful
  • I am good at soccer
  • When I grow up I want to be a Shaved Ice Worker

Here are her TOP TEN FAVORITES:

  • Sport: Soccer
  • Hobby: Art
  • Game: Battleship
  • Book: Frog and Toad
  • Holiday: Halloween
  • Movie: Night at the Museum
  • Color: Green
  • Food: Lasagna
  • School Subject: Music
  • Ice Cream Flavor: Bubble Gum

Now you now everything you need to know about our wonderful Elizabeth!! I have to crack up when she said she wanted to be a shaved ice worker when she grows up. . . .nothing like shooting for the starts, right?! The other day we were driving in the car and Mia and Elizabeth were talking. . . .and Elizabeth said she wanted to either work at The Pizza Factory or Shaved Ice when she grows up and Mia said she wants to work at Shaved ice. . . . then they decided they can work together!! Sounds like quite the plan, huh??

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy 8th Birthday, Elizabeth! We have a little gift for your baptism, but I wasn't organized enough to get it mailed with your birthday card. It will be coming to you soon! :)

Julia Kelly said...

happy birthday Elizabth! Wow, 8 years old! Can't wait to see you at Christmas time.

Heidi said...

Wow they grow up so fast don't they! Happy Birthday Elizabeth! I always like having birthday's on Sundays because they are low key and more about hanging out as a family.

Maybe you should get her a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine (do you remember those?) for her birthday so she can get some hands on experience for her up coming career! :)

Linda Toolson said...

We love you Elizabeth. I hope you had a happy day. You have such a great smile and are so photogenic. I like your idea of working a shaved ice. Maybe you will give me a free one when I come to visit.

Shareen said...

Happy birthday to Elizabeth. She's a very fun girl & I'm sure any shaved ice place would be happy to have her sunny smile at their counter.

becky said...

I think that working at the shaved ice sounds great! In fact right about now I am ready to go work at a shaved ice stand, my job is going to get stressful fast (starting a whole new way we will be getting reimbursed from medicare/medicaid and believe me the government knows how to make things complicated!) so I think all 3 of us can work together ;)