Sunday, November 20, 2011

update time

does anybody even check this anymore??
I guess it has been a month since I have updated here. Life is busy as usual. I have been a terrible picture taker as well. Maybe part of that is because the only camera that is working is my phone. Here is a small taste of what has been happening here. Last night, David and I headed over to Lavell Edwards Stadium to volunteer at the Costa Vida booth to support the girls' soccer teams. I haven't been to a game in ages, and I have forgotten how FUN it is to be at the game cheering for our COUGARS! But it was FREEZING!!! We helped sell burritos and salads. We had to arrive a couple hours early to the game. . . that's why the stands are so empty in these photos. After half-time we were able to go out and watch the second half of the game. It was midnight by the time we got home. I overslept this morning. . ..oops. We were all late to church today. Well, had a whole season of soccer this fall, and I failed to get a single picture of both Kennedy or Elizabeth. David coached Elizabeth's team, so he at least has this picture of Elizabeth with her team at their end of the season get together. Both girls played club soccer this fall. Elizabeth's team went about 50/50 for the season, and Elizabeth scored at least a dozen goals. She is fun to watch. Kennedy's team didn't fare quite at well. . . didn't win a single game. But they both had fun. This spring I will have to be more diligent with my picture taking. Halloween has come and gone. Here are a couple pictures of the girls at their school Halloween parade. Kennedy is with her two BFF's Amberlee and Janette.
Elizabeth with two of her friends, Kylie and Bethany.
Mia with her BFF, Kate.
The last weekend in October we went to Las Vegas for a Baseball tournament for Luke. It was the last Hurrah to end the fall season for Luke and his team. We were able to stop and wish Mom a happy birthday! The girls enjoyed being able to swim a little between games. Luke's team did pretty well. Went 2-2. Luke had a good season. Hit the ball really well. we hit one of the vegas buffets while we were there. Luke and some of his buddies thought they were in heaven :) What else is happening??
  • Luke made the freshman basketball team. I lost WAY too much sleep stressing about that. But hopefully he will have a fun season. First game is this week.
  • We finally closed on our loan for our addition.
  • We moved bedrooms around. . . Elizabeth and Mia each have their own room now.
  • Luke is busy planning and getting ready to do his eagle project.
  • The girls each have a dance class they take once a week. They LOVE it!
  • I will be out of a job come February. .. Nordstrom at the Orem location is closing. Crazy. I was thinking I need to quit anyway, so now the decision will be final for me. I'll work through February when the store will close for good
I'm sure there is more. . .. hopefully I'll take some more pictures and keep updated a little more.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

I am a faithful checker/reader! :)
I just couldn't believe when i found out nordstrom was going to be closing. I think it's so sad. I just loved working there, and if we still lived in UT..I'm sure I would be out of a job come Feb as well.

you are busy, busy, busy!

Keep blogging..and taking pictures!! :)

Shannon said...

Like Julia, I have been checking in frequently to find any new posts! :)

That snap of you at the football game is so cute - when I am standing out in the cold, I have a red nose and am wrapped up like a gnome. You look stylish! Maybe it comes from working at Nordstrom... sorry to hear that is ending in February, but as you said, that does make your decision easier.

Congratulations to Luke on the bball team! I know what you mean about agonizing over his selection; I don't know how many times I have started a prayer to Heavenly Father "I know in the large scheme of things, this really doesn't matter, but if it is Thy will..." and then petitioned for some desired sports position or outcome. I am not sure if it is harder on the parents or the kids, haha.

Everyone looks good - I hope in the midst of all the crazy, you can have a few minutes for yourself. Go get a cocoa! ;)

becky said...

I still check on ya BTW!!! Glad to get an update and I feel exhausted just reading everything you have going on. I can no longer even utter one word of complaint that I am busy ha! But I remember those good old days and they are fun and hard at the same time, you just do the best you can to stay afloat and enjoy the activities. I can relate to the no sleep situation, it's seems so ridiculous now how much I have stressed about the dumbest things but we do it cuz we love our kids so much!!!

Linda Toolson said...

I am definitely slow in checking your blog. I have checked every now and then, so was happy to see a new post.

I always love seeing everyone's pictures and posts.

Jaime said...

I too am a faithful reader of your blog! Don't know if anyone checks mine anymore. I hope I put you on the invite list. If not, message me your email & I'll send one. Sounds like an exciting time, and looks freezing at the game.