Saturday, October 22, 2011

UEA weekend

This weekend the kids have been out of school for UEA break on Thursday and Friday. The weather has been absolutely beautiful! Perfect fall weather. Cool in the morning, sunny and warm in the afternoon. We didn't go anywhere in particular. . . just did a few things here. I had to work Thursday, but was lucky to have both Friday and Saturday off. All these pictures are in reverse.. . . oh well. Saturday afternoon was spent at the ball park watching Luke play baseball. He has been playing Fall ball this season, and it has been a lot of fun. The team has done really well, and Luke has looked really good, especially at the plate. They did loose both games today. . . but like I said. . perfect weather. . .

Saturday late morning, I took Kennedy and Elizabeth on a hike up the Y mountain. I have been wanting to get out hiking, and this hike is pretty short and so it fit into our schedule. It is pretty steep. . . but well worth it. The fall colors are coming out. We had a good time.
David had a few errands to run, so he took Mia with him and dropped us off at the trail head.
On Friday, I took the girls to Build-a-bear. Elizabeth and Mia still had money from their birthday (thanks grandma!) and have been waiting to go out and get their bears. Kennedy has saved up her money for the past month or so and was able to get one too. (Kennedy has been doing a little babysitting for a lady in our ward, and has enjoyed making a little money and getting some experience with the little kids.) All the girls are all quite in love with their animals they made. I also took the girls to get hair cuts on Friday afternoon.
Overall, we have had a nice weekend. What have you been up to?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

It sounds like you had a fun, busy weekend! Congratulations to Luke; I hope the rest of his season continues to go well.
I have many fun memories of build-a-bear... I miss going to those kinds of stores!
We had fb friday, Paul got a mild concussion and had to be pulled from the game at half time, but seems to have bounced right back. My mom is still here, going home today.

becky said...

We didn't have as much fun as you did! We have been having some nice weather as well, looooove it! We did some things outside on Saturday and I helped Katie scrub her car, inside and out! I can't believe she even wants to get in it when it is so dirty but whatever, it's clean now :)

Shareen said...

The girls look so cute with their bears. I'd like to force my girls into some more hiking. It looks fun.

Linda Toolson said...

I don't know where I have been. I haven't been on the computer much to check blogs. I am way behind.

It was fun having the girls last Sunday and seeing their bears in person.