Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Olympic Penninsula

I returned late last night from my getaway weekend in Seattle. I had a great time. On Saturday, my Mom and I took an excursion to the Olympic Penninsula. I have never really been there in all my years living in Seattle. It was GORGEOUS!
We Started by taking the Edmonds ferry to Kingston.
We drove over the Hood Canal floating bridge.
We stopped in Port Townsend and browsed around all the cute shops. This was a fun town and we wished we had more time here, as we did everywhere.
We Stopped in Port Angeles for a late lunch/early dinner. We had some delicious salads and soup. Port Angeles wasn't nearly as cute as Port Townsend, but it was on my agenda of stops for the day! We ate at a seafood restaurant down by the water.
Driving around Lake Crescent took quite a while. It was beautiful. We were fighting the sun going down by this time. I was determined to get to Forks. We were laughing at ourselves tromping down the highway to get pictures by the sign.
It was pretty much dark by the time we got to La Push and tried to get a photo of the beach. It looked like it would be beautiful, though. I would have liked to take the trail down to the beach. It was too dark by this point, though.
We had a great time, but wished we planned the timing better. It was so dark by the time we got to Forks and La Push, that we couldn't really see much. A long way to drive, but I don't regret it! We finished the evening off by meeting Becky for some late dessert.

5 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

i love that you went to Forks! looks like fun...wish i could have been there with you guys. have you seen stephenie's web site with the picture of the Cullens? or read part of The Host yet? just curious.

btw...i'm totally hooked on that site twilightmoms now...ugh. :)

Shannon said...

When your dad said you guys were spending the day in Port Townsend, I didn't even make the connection...duh! :) What a fun day! I think that sounds like a perfect Toolson girls getaway weekend...even if our husbands would think we were crazy. What do you guys think? oh, and I loved your pics!

ps - I just checked out twilightmoms...will I ever be productive again?

Jaime said...

that is so funny that you drove to Forks & LaPush. Love that you did that. Sounds like you had a great time away. Great pictures.

kelly said...

i totally want to make the pilgrimage to forks!
sounds like a beautiful day!

Shareen said...

I've liked looking at these pictures. It brings many memories of fun times I've had over there. Glad you had fun.