Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Milestone

My workout schedule varies at the gym. I get up really early a couple days a week, sometimes go in the day, etc. I regularly go Wednesday mornings while Elizabeth is at preschool. That way I just have to schedule day care for Mia. (Don't get me started on trying to schedule day care. ... you have to call a week ahead of time, right when they open and keep calling until you get through. .. it is a pain. .. if you wait an hour, it is too late and you are on a waiting list). But back to my story. .. Mia hates the day care. She cries and cries when I drop her off, sometimes starting as soon as we pull into the parking lot. I go to pick her up and one of the ladies has had to hold her the whole time. I am a mean Mom and keep taking her, because I am determined to get my workout in. Today before we left, she told me, "I want to stay home, Mom." Talk about breaking my heart. I don't give in, and take her anyway. We get there, I check her in. .. and to my amazement, she walks right in. Not a tear, whimper, or a backward glance. When I came to pick her up, she was glad to see me and ran over. I hope this is a regular occurance. Definitely a milestone for Mia. Going to daycare without crying.

3 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

Yeah Mia!
I hope it continues for you. I'm sure it makes you feel even better about your workouts when you don't leave behind a crying child. I was a mean mom too when we went to the gym, Isaac ALWAYS cried, but it didn't stop me going every day. Need to get that work out in...for my sanity! :)

Shannon said...

hooray for Mia...and for you! Your dedication to physical fitness is always inspiring to me.

Anonymous said...

I am sure if I had a crying child that would be a good excuse not to go. I feel like crying myself so I could stay home. However, I am always happy and proud of myself when I am finished. I wish I loved it. Oh well! I am afraid If I didn't work out my weight would be over the top.
Mom