Saturday, March 8, 2008

St George Getaway

David came home from work on Tuesday and stated that he was taking the rest of the week off and that we should get away for a couple days. We were able to get a place in St George and went down to enjoy the sunshine for a couple days. We took the kids out of school, dropped everything, and left! I don't regret it. .. it was wonderful.
We had some reading time. David and I both completed the book we brought with us.
The kids enjoyed the park right ourside the door of the condo. I saw this sign in the parking lot at the grocery store. Only in Utah! I thought it was funny, and had to snap a photo.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you. By the looks of all the smiling faces, you must have had a fun time.

Julia Kelly said...

how fun just to pick up and go! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. i could use some sunshine. What book did you finish?

Anonymous said...

Where were those signs when I was expecting?!?! The funniest sign I ever saw was on my mission in Washington DC. The parking lot of a church had a sign that said, "Church Parking only, Violators will be baptized."

Shareen said...

Nice pictures Kristie, they look fun. It's nice getting away.

Shannon said...

Kristie, the sunshine looks heavenly! I am glad you had the chance to escape for awhile. Hopefully, David feels ready to face the students again!

Jaime said...

How fun! What a great thing to do for everyone to enjoy. It's always fun taking a break from normal life.

kelly said...

how fun to have an impulsive getaway! sometimes it just what you need.