Sunday, July 20, 2008

Obsessed

David has realized that I can get a little obsessed over certain things. Ok, maybe A LOT obsessed. Of course it has been Twilight over the past year, and I am eagerly awaiting Breaking Dawn's release on Aug. 2. But this week it has been the musical, Wicked. I read the book last week and thought it was pretty good, but the musical seems amazing. I got the music and it has been playing constantly in our house this week. I think David thinks I am crazy or something. I guess when I find something I like, I go a little overboard. Oh, well. It doesn't help that the kids feed into my obsession as well. The girls already knew the song "Popular" from the musical and play it constantly now. I guess they share my love of musicals. I have fun memories of dancing in the kitchen with the kids to Phantom of the Opera, HairSpray, and High School Musical, of course. I can't wait to see Wicked, it comes to Salt Lake next year on tour.

This is the girls favorite, Popular. Enjoy!

Here is one of my favorites, Defying Gravity.

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

i think i can blame you for a lot of my obessions. Twilight is on the top of the list. :)

I've heard really great things about this musical...you have to wait a whole year to see it? Guys have their sport obessions...we girls are just a bit different.

Shannon said...

Oh, Kristie, this looks really good! i have heard great things about Wicked from friends who saw it.
And as for the obsession...we have to have something to dream about while we are ploughing through the day to day drama! :)

Julia Kelly said...

I've had that song 'popular' in my head all day today.

Shareen said...

The musical was so much fun. I'm glad it's coming to Utah so you can see it.

Jaime said...

okay, now i'm hooked. I have to see it & get the music.

kelly said...

it was sold out here in seattle, but i do get to see it with some girlfriends next spring in portland. i can't wait!
10 more days until breaking dawn...