Friday, July 25, 2008

Rodeo

Last night we went to the rodeo in Spanish Fork. We got there a bit early and were all dying in the heat by the time it started. Elizabeth, Eliza, Jennifer (she's due any time now. . . I'm sure the heat was the worst for her!), Ethan, Dan, and Cali trying to find some shade. All the girls like to hang all over Grandma. They all do love each other.

David and I before the rodeo started. I rarely have pictures of us together, so I had Mary take one for me. Chase, Luke, Winnie, and Kennedy. We were right above the bulls and horses, so we held on tight to our purses so they didn't fall through the bleachers! You can see Kennedy being good and holding onto mine. Mia and Elizabeth. These two whined constantly until David went and spent ten dollars for some drinks. I was thirsty too, but of course I didn't vocalize it. One of the cowboys during the bronc riding. It was interesting to see all the events. It was my first rodeo. Some of these cowboys were REALLY good.
Since it was Pioneer Day, they had firworks after the rodeo was finished. The kids liked that since we didn't go see any on the 4th. Of course the big traffic jam getting out was no fun, but we got home and had every body in bed by midnight.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

How incredibly fun! I have always wanted to go to a rodeo. Maybe during our state fair I'll be able to see one. I love all the pictures, but it's especially nice to see you and your hubby together.

Julia Kelly said...

that's a great picture of you and Dave. Looks like you guys had a fun time, I love doing fun things as a family. Rodeos are pretty fun, it's been a while since going to one.

Shannon said...

How fun! We are looking forward to the Okanagon (sp?) Stampede - that will be our first rodeo. And I agree with Julia; the pic of you and David is super cute!

kelly said...

that looks like fun!
we are looking forward to going to a rodeo in cody, wy next month.
yeehaw!

becky said...

Well I am just copying the other comments but the first thing I thought when I saw your pictures was what a good picture of you and David. It seems like its hard to find a picture of ourselves we are happy with.

Anonymous said...

I forgot about it being the 24th of July and being a holiday. Usually it gets mentioned in church. Glad you had a good time. We will be looking forward to seeing you Wednesday evening.