Friday, August 15, 2008

Potty Training, Days 2 and 3

I hope this topic isn't grossing anybody out.. . . But I post it anyway. So I'm sure the topic heading gives away what the content might be. So you have been warned!

Ok. So yesterday was a very frustrating day. I was really close to pulling the diapers out again. Several terrible accidents (I'm sure I don't need to go into details) just about put me over the top. But she did have some successes as well, so I thought that persistance will pay off in the end.

I feel that today it is starting to pay off. Just one accident this morning, but 100% the rest of the day! I have even found her in the bathroom, going by herself. I don't feel we are all the way there, yet. But I am really close to putting the diapers up forever! That will be cause for some serious celebration.

**Just a quick update. Mia is official! No accidents all weekend long. She is my oldest to be potty trained. Her 3rd birthday is next week. She still uses a diaper at night, but hopefully it won't be for long. I don't even have to ask her to go, she just takes care of it herself. I still have half the bag of starburst I was using as incentives. Time to CELEBRATE! Way to go Mia!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Kristie, it sounds like she is starting to get the hang of it. I would just hang tough she will be potty trained in no time. Then like you said it will be party time!

Jaime said...

Good luck & continued success my friend. I see that it is tough, but you can do it, and so can Mia. Good luck.

p.s. I love the traveling pants series, and can't wait to see the 2nd movie. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. We almost have the exact same background!!! Great minds think alike i guess. :D

Julia Kelly said...

I don't know why i'm dragging my feet so much about potty training Isaac. Good for you...hope it's still going well.

Shannon said...

You are a gold medal potty trainer, Kristie. I am not kidding...you should write a book. When the potty training is done and you go out to buy Mia cute underwear, you should buy yourself something cute, too. You definitely deserve a "potty training prize"!

Julia Kelly said...

Wow!! great job Mia!!! Now if only you could train Isaac too... :)