Thursday, August 21, 2008

School's Here!

School started yesterday for Luke and Kennedy. They both came home from school happy and seemed to like their teachers. Luke is starting 6th grade. I can't believe that this is his last year at the Elementary school. Crazy. Kennedy is in 3rd grade. She has two different teachers. One in the morning that focuses on reading and writing, and one in the afternoon that does math, social studies, science, etc. It is a little different, but I think it is a good idea to have teachers specialize in certain areas. Elizabeth starts Kindergarten, but her first day is next week, so her picture will come later. She has to go have her assessment test today. She is very excited. Mia gets one more year at home with Mom. I will get her in preschool next year.

Luke and Kennedy waiting for the bus on the first day of school

6 comments:

Shareen said...

I love their expressions.

Julia Kelly said...

what will you do with your time when all your kids are in school for the day?? Does it make you sad or giddy? :) BTW I'm trying to convince Jacob that it's worth the money to buy Wicked tickets. They'll be coming to Pittsburgh September- the begining of October.

Heidi said...

Luke doesn't look too sure about either school starting or having to put his arm around his sister. I can't believe his will be in Jr High next year either!

Kennedy has a super cute bag! I hope they enjoy school this year. The two teacher idea is interesting you'll have to let us know how it goes.

Jaime said...

It looks like they are off to a good start; they both look happy.

Shannon said...

Glad to hear the first day went well. Luke doesn't look to sure in this pic! :) We start next Thursday. I don't think the boys are too excited, but Bronte is looking forward to it and I am looking forward to getting back on a schedule. I eat too much without structure!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had access sto a computer for a few days so I am behind on the blog reading. I see it is still hot there, and I imagine hard to sit in school. But it is good they are excited about going. I hope they have a great year.