Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth is celebrating her 6th birthday today. She was up bright and early to open presents. It was like Christmas morning, but only one got presents. She was actually crying last night because she was so anxious to open her gifts. I hope she wasn't dissapointed. She didn't seem to be. Just happy and excited.I don't know if you can see her expression as she is admiring her gift. Priceless.
I had to throw this picture in. Oh, Mia, it is so hard when there is nothing for you!

7 comments:

Shareen said...

What a lovely birthday girl! And it's so hard to be happy watching someone else be the birthday girl. There's a Frances book where she's dealing with it being her sister's birthday - I still find it funny as an adult.

Julia Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy!! The picture of Mia is too funny! :)

Linda Toolson said...

I'm glad Lizzy is enjoying her birthday. She looks pretty happy. I hope our gift to her arrives today, if not, she will have something to open later. We love you Lizzy.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! We sure miss you... it looks like the day got off to a great start. (Well, at least for LIzzy!)
p.s. - I love that quilt in the background!

Heidi said...

I Happy birthday Lizzy! It's a great idea to have your kids open their presents in the morning -- it is like Christmas. And I totally laughed when I saw the picture of Mia that is an all too familiar scene at our house!

becky said...

I wish my kids would be happy with a couple of Barbie's, those were the days! (well not really for the boys but you know what I mean) Katie is hoping for a present with keys this year...

Jaime said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Those are some cute pictures, and of course the one of Mia should be titled "priceless". That is just too cute.