Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday

Fall is always a busy time. I know it is the same for most of you as well. Now that we have three kids playing soccer, it makes for interesting Saturday mornings. The day stared off with team pictures for Luke and Kenendy, and then David went to their games. Luckily they were playing at the same location and the same time. So he was able to watch two games at once. Elizabeth then had pictures as well, and then a game. I went to her game and them picked up David, Luke, and Kennedy afterward.

Kennedy was happy to report that her team won their game. She is a pretty good team player. .. but we would like to see her use some of her speed that we saw the last couple years.
Luke had a pretty bad loss. He didn't seem too down about it, though. He is a really smart player, and understands the game well. He just needs to put a little more heart into it at times. He does enjoy playing.
Elizabeth was the star of the day. Granted, it is only cub soccer, and they don't play with goalies, but she scored 5 goals at her game! No that is not the team total, that is Elizabeth's personal total! She is quite the little player. I actually had a man come up to me after the game and ask if she wanted to play on his softball team. I have never had one of my children recruited before! But she sure is entertaining to watch. She is agressive and quick, and coordinated as well. Quite a star.
Then in the afternoon, Elizabeth had her birthday party. We rented out a local gymnastics facility and the kids had a great time. They had an hour of various gymnastics activities and then we had a half hour to use the "party room" for cake and presents. I think all the kids were pretty warn out. They were running, and hopping, and jumping, the whole time. I love that I just had to bring the cake and didn't have to plan a thing. That is my type of party!
In the afternoon was the BYU-UCLA football game. I am sure you all know that BYU won 59-0! David was so overcome with emotion that he actually got teary eyed.
I was able to get a whole bunch of Brigham City peaches from Aunt Sherry and Uncle Jeff. I spent some time pealing and freezing some, and today I made some homemade jam. They are soooo good!

10 comments:

Shareen said...

Glad your kids are doing so well in soccer, especially Lizzie. That's my kind of birthday party too! Unfortunately this year we're doing home parties where I've got to plan a bunch of stuff. Mike was joyful about the BYU game as well, except more that UCLA lost so big than that BYU won. I'm jealous of the peaches. They don't taste anything like store peaches.

Linda Toolson said...

Seems you had quite the busy day what with soccer and birthday parties. I wish I could have one of those Brigham City peaches. Although, we were given a basket of the best nectarines that we have been enjoying this week. I love all the great fruit and veggies this time of year.

Shannon said...

Kristie, I am exhausted just reading your post. Definitely feel your pain. The birthday party looks like it was a huge success! For the longest time I was a stickler for "home" parties (I thought they were less expensive.) When I finally caved in and went to the bowling alley, I wondered why I hadn't done it years ago!
This week EVERYONE in our house is happy about the BYU victory! :)
And I am very impressed that you are making homemade jam.

Unknown said...

shannon,
i don't let my kids do parties every year. so that way, i feel i can spend a little money when they only get a party every two years or so. this was elizabeths first party she got to invite friends to. she will have to wait another year or to before she gets another one!

Julia Kelly said...

Awesome job Lizzy with your goals! Those peaches look sooooo good. They have a farmers market every saturday here and have really good tomotoes and corn. Jacob was very excited about the BYU win as well. And even more excited that they moved up to the #11 spot on the coaches poll.

becky said...

AHH, the good old soccer days. I miss them. Kyle was the go-getter at soccer. When he was little he was all over the field and always scored a bunch of goals every game. Brian was more of the thinker and was a good player but in a different way. Even though it is sooo crazy just try the best you can to enjoy all the craziness because I can assure you it does come to an end and then you are left wondering what the heck now?? It seems that life is never a perfect balance ...

Heidi said...

At least you made it to pictures -- I completely forgot! And Lily had a great time at the party she thinks your girls are rock stars!

Oh & you know where you can drop off some of that jam! :)

mycattripoli said...

oh those soccer pics take me back- i played all through childhood into high school- and it sounds like your kids are naturally good at it! what a fun idea for a party- and healthy for all the kids to move around- way to go!

Jaime said...

WOW! You are one busy mom. And you still had time to take care of the peaches? I would have been pooped by that time of the day.

kelly said...

yum, those peaches look delish!
i wish i had a desire to can. i did peaches once, and that was quite the job. but they were SO yummy!