Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The rest of Halloween. .. + St George

I have been meaning to post these pictures for a few days, but just don't seem to get around to it. So here are the other kids with their Halloween costumes at the school parade last week.
Here is Luke, the nerd. This was pretty easy to throw together. Button up shirt, glasses, calculator and pen, and some bad teeth. Here is Kennedy. Not sure what to label her as. .. rock star? hippie? Whatever works.
Mia. . . some sort of princess? Dance star?

All the girls re-used old dance costumes. I have to get use out of them while I can! Of course Elizabeth was little red riding hood. .. you saw her in the video posted below.

We took off after school on Friday and drove to St George to meet up with my Mom and Dad. We found a neighborhood for the kids to trick or treat. .. . so no worries, they still got plenty of candy. The weather was great, and we went out to Snow Canyon on Saturday to enjoy the views and a couple of hikes/walks. Luke got sick during the first hike, and Elizabeth was whining, so my Dad took them back to the condo to rest. The rest of us stayed and had a good time. Mom and Dad. Their house is getting so close to being done! Hopefully in time for Thanksgiving! In Jenny's Canyon. It was a pretty neat, small canyon, and even better, a really short hike to get there!
Family of Four? This is who stayed behind for the whole afternoon (+ my Mom, of course). I was beginning to question why we kept Mia, but she did pretty good.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I am glad the kids didn't have to miss out on treats! Your pictures are gorgeous. Too bad everyone didn't make it - they'd be great Christmas cards!

Heidi said...

The kids look good in their costumes! I bet it was nice to get out of town for a while. I know we love to escape when we can. I hope your parents house is done in time for the holidays but I bet you are enjoying having them at your house!

Stephen said...

Cute costumes, and pretty canyon scenery for your hike with your parents. It looks nice and warm there, too; I'm jealous.

Julia Kelly said...

the kids look great in their costumes and the hike looks so pretty. Did we go there before a few years back while Jacob and I were dating?

Unknown said...

julia, yeah, i remember taking a picture of you and jacob in that same little canyon. Kenendy was a baby and i think you were engaged.

Shareen said...

I love when the kids can use those expensive dance costumes a second time.

mycattripoli said...

looks like fun stuff going on in your family! happy autumn time!

Jaime said...

very picturesque! Love all the pics. Great costume idea Luke, that made me laugh, and is just an awesome idea. The kids all look very cute.