Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where's Mia?

This evening I was making dinner, and all the kids had come in from playing and were starting their homework. After several minutes, I realized I had not seen or heard from Mia for a while. I wasn't too concerned because she will often play in her room by herself. So I went down the hall to check her room, and she wasn't there.
I still wasn't too worried at this point, but I called out her name, and there was no answer.
I continued to look through out the house, but couldn't see her anywhere. Not in the bathroom, or downstairs, or in the other kids bedrooms.
I called out in the yard, but no answer, and I couldn't see her anywhere.
Panic is starting to set in a little at this point. I walked down to the neighbors to see if she had run down there with out me being aware of her leaving (it has happened before). .. . .they were outside, and had not seen Mia.
Ok, so I am really getting nervous at this time. I go back in the house to tell the kids to get their shoes on so we can start to scan the whole neighborhood when I think to look just a little more closely throughout the house.
This is what I find. . . .
Fast asleep in the corner. Mystery solved.

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

what a cute picture! Glad the story had a happy ending. :) That's happened to me before too...

so are you seeing the midnight showing of twilight?? who are you going with? Wish we could go together.

Shareen said...

Thank goodness all was well. They look so cute when they're so tired they'll fall asleep on the floor.

Anonymous said...

I think we've all had that happen however it hasn't happened to me in quite a while! :) It would be nice to sneak off and fall asleep in a corner once and a while though ...

Unknown said...

julia,
i don't even have tickets yet. not sure when it will work for me to go. hopefully this weekend sometime. . .

Shannon said...

Glad you found her safe and sound...asleep. :)

Heidi said...

I hate that panic feeling -- especially when it involves one of your children! She looks like she is having a good nap. I wish i could be more like a little kid and fall asleep anywhere!