Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Memories

I checked out "The Man from Snowy River" at the library this week. Watching this movie with my kids brought a whole bunch of memories flooding into me. This was a favorite of mine as a young girl. I hadn't seen the movie in years, or heard the music. I forgot how much I love the music. I remember being determinded to learn to play "Jessica's Theme" on the piano. . . hours and hours of practicing, and then messing it up at the recital. It made me not only want to go buy this soundtrack, but go get a piano so I can attempt to play again.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha! Ha! you and me both with the memories of this movie!!

I started laughing when i logged on and heard the music -- too funny. I guess I should get it too and show the kids. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Did your kids like it?

Kurt said...

That was a pretty good movie. I think I liked the music better than the actual movie.

I remember I took this film class at BYU and we watched this movie and did some analysis on it. I'm sure I had some deep thoughts then, but don't really remember them anymore.

Shareen said...

I think I spent many hours trying to learn that song also. I'm sure between the two of us we drove everyone crazy! I want a piano and to take lessons again. This time I'd be diligent!

Shannon said...

I remember bawling my eyes out when the horse is shot... but I don't really remember the music. Must be because I never suffered through piano lessons (at least not my own - the kids are a different matter, haha)

Linda Toolson said...

Lots of memories for me also. I definitely remember the music and the piano. If my memory serves me correctly, we played the music in the car on the way to one of Kurt's playoff games for basketball. (to settle my nerves)