Monday, October 19, 2009

St George weekend. . . Zions National Park

We had a long weekend last week because of UEA here in Utah, so we decided to head to St George to check on Mom and Dad's house and have a little get away. We spent two of the days going to Zions National Park and enjoying the beautiful scenery there. The weather was perfect, and the scenerey fantastic. We drove up through the tunnel, which is a mile long. And the kids enjoyed taking the shuttle throughout the park.

After a couple of relaxing days to ourself, David's brother, Jeff and his family came to spend the last couple days with us. . . and what did we do??. . . well we decided to head right back to Zions for a hike. . . . and not just any hike. . . Angels Landing of all hikes. With the kids. Crazy.
It was so beautiful. Just breathtaking. . . in more ways than one. This hike was not easy. .. and all the kids made it!!
For those of you who have done this hike. . you know how terrifying the last part of the hike is. We didn't take the little kids on this part. Windsor fell asleep in Eliza's arms while the older boys finished the last part of the hike. I have to say, that David took Elizabeth to the very top of angels landing. . .. I can't believe it myself. She was a trooper. .. all the kids were. I started the last part, but was too terrified to do this with my kids. . . I will have to go back with out children and complete the hike another time. It was still amazing.
We had a great get away. We came home Sunday afternoon . . .back to reality.

6 comments:

Julianne said...

Wow, your kids are troopers to make that hike! I love how active you and your family are. You make me want to get out and do more outdoor stuff with my own hubby and kiddos. Beautiful pix, too!

Heidi said...

Remember when we went to Zions ages ago!? I recently found a picture of you and i in the narrows. You were holding Luke as a baby and i was holding Cole. Wow how time flies!!

It looks like you had a great time and you came home with some really great pictures. (it's nice to have you blogging a bit again :) )

Linda Toolson said...

Glad you had a good time in St. George, and found all well at our home.

That is very impressive that your kids are such good hikers. Way to go Kindricks! I suppose only those who have taken that Angels' Landing hike can appreciate it. I doubt I will ever do it, but maybe I could do the first part.

Amy said...

I wouldn't do Angel's landing with my kids. My husband was disappointed, but seriously, I would be having a panic attack watching them so close to the edge! Looks beautiful though. Glad you had fun.

Shannon said...

Kristie, I am always so impressed by the things you guys do as a family. Getaways mean ice-cream and sitting by the pool around here, haha.
Gorgeous pictures, too.

Julia Kelly said...

Looks beautiful. I am impressed that all your kids did so well on the hike. Isaac wouldn't last 2 minutes.