Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Wall. . .

Ok,. . . we moved into our house last June, and I still have mostly empty, blank walls! I thought it was time to start to fill a few of them so the house looks like it is lived in. This is what I have done so far: We took these family photos last summer, and I have been wanting to get them put up somewhere, but just haven't gotten around to getting it done. So I finally went and developed a few of them and came up with this arrangement on the wall. I quite like it. The only thing is the family photo is slightly off-center, so we will have to fix that. . .

(it looks more off-center than it really is in this photo)
The kids were all happy to see recent pictures of themselves up on the wall. Aren't they so cute?
So this project only took me seven months to put together. . . maybe by September I will have something put up on another wall!!

8 comments:

Jaime said...

I love this Kristie. It looks fantastic. Where did you get the photo frame hanger with the kids pictures in it? and the plate? let me know because I am loving it so much that I want to buy one for myself.

Shannon said...

Very cute! (The "family" plate reminds me of the "Be" plate you gave me for Christmas. It is one of the few decorations in the kitchen here that is mine, and I LOVE it.) You did a great job putting this together!

Shareen said...

Looks nice Kristie. Now that you've got over the initial fear, maybe the rest will go faster.

Kurt said...

Looks good!

becky said...

ditto to above, it looks great! I have put a few things up on our newly painted walls but it is a little overwhelming. Bob and I looked at Ross yesterday but came up empty handed.

Jen said...

Amen! I thought it looked great, and I didn't even notice it being off center! Fabulous job! :)

Unknown said...

Jaime, the store is called Rod Works. Not sure if it is only a Utah store?? The pictures are just frames with ribbon that I attached to the back. The rod and the plate are both from the above store. . . one of my favs along with Tai Pan!!

Linda Toolson said...

Looks really nice. I need to so something with our walls. It is hard to know what to do. It's nice to do something a little different.