Sunday, February 21, 2010

Little things mean a lot. . .

It is nice when something gets accomplished that has been needing to be taken care of for a while.

Saturday was a fairly productive day here. . .. at least compared to some Saturdays!! We started off the morning with two basketball games. Kennedy played at 8am, and Luke played at 9am. Kennedy made a basket, and Luke played like a beast!! When we arrived home a litttle after 10 am, we decided to get a few things done. I told the kids no playing and they were going to help clean!! Fun times. They helped pick up and clean the baseboards around the house. . . etc.
I have been telling Elizabeth that we would paint her dresser since last summer. It is an old dresser we bought years ago when Julia was just a college student living with us at our old Provo home. Elizabeth still uses it in her room. . . . but it needed a little face lift. So this is how we touched it up. It is not painted perfectly, but she loves it! So that is all that matters to me! Then David decided that I have complained long enough about the dripping sink in the bathroom. It has been annoying me for quite some time. So he took the sink apart and fingured out what was needed to fix it! It only cost us two dollars!! And now my sink no longer drips. WOOOHOOO!!! It is crazy how something so small has made me so happy!
We finished the day off with a dinner out to the Cafe Rio with some friends. It was a good Saturday!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the dresser; that sounds like a perfect day! I always feel like I enjoy a date or treat more when I have "earned" it by being productive. And I can't wait to get to UT and go to Cafe Rio again!

Jaime said...

Sounds like a productive day. Love the new sink, and the new paint on the dresser.

Linda Toolson said...

CONGRATS to Luke and Kennedy for basketball success. Too had you had snow there because Brian would have liked to be there. I've been thinking about Cafe Rio. Maybe next week when I am feeling good.

Julia Kelly said...

that sounds like fun saturday! (esp the cafe rio part) We had a fun saturday as well, not productive but spent the day in pittsburgh and then went on a date that night!

becky said...

That does sound like a good day! I love it when I feel like I get my to do list completed. The dresser looks really cute too!

Heidi said...

I love the dresser -- hey you know I have a few of those at my house you could paint for me! :)

Shareen said...

The dresser does look cute. You're my inspiration for getting some projects done. Maybe this weekend.

Jen said...

Looks great! That's quite the makeover! I saw a similar style yesterday at a local store and it made me think, "Kristie can do better than that!" So pretty!