Tuesday, February 16, 2010

G.N.O.. . . Young Ambassadors

David and I have decided to start taking out the kids for "date" nights individually. They will each get a turn to do go with either David or myself ,hopefully once a month on Friday nights. David and I rock paper scizzored who got to go first, and I won. Then the kids drew straws to see which of them got to go first, and Kennedy won!
So Kennedy and I headed out Friday night for a little time for just the two of us. I saw that the Young Ambassadors were performing at BYU and thought that would be a lot of fun, so I got us tickets to go.
The show was their 40th anniversary concert, so they brought back previous members of the group for certain numbers to perform. It did not dissapoint. Kennedy's favorites were the songs from "Mamma Mia", and "Hairspray" because she was the most familiar with those numbers. I can't choose a favorite. They did a great job. Performed numbers from Les Miserable, Wicked, Footloose, etc. etc. Lots of fun numbers for us to watch and be entertained. And of course we had to stop at the BYU Creamery afterwards for some icecream!!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great idea! I remember doing something similar with my parents. It looks like you had a great time I bet Kennedy loved hanging out with her mom!

Oh & I love her lip gloss -- she is so grown up!

Julia Kelly said...

How fun! I can't wait for our kids to get older to take them to things like that.

Jen said...

Such a great idea!

Jaime said...

what a fun new tradition. I love that you had a girls night out with your daughter. Sounds like a great time. love the picture of the two of you.

Linda Toolson said...

You will never regret spending time with your sweet children - Kennedy is a choice spirit.

Love you,

dad

Shareen said...

I have fond memories of going to shows with Mom - as a kid and an adult. Glad you're keeping up the tradition.

Shannon said...

Sounds like such a fun night, and a special time for the two of you. Kennedy does look so grown up!

Linda Toolson said...

I'm so glad you had a special night together with such a fun program to see. Cute pictures of Mom and daughter.

kelly said...

what a great night!
love kid dates!