Sunday, April 11, 2010

The last few days were busy for us. We arrived home from St. George Wednesday afternoon. The kids and I went out shopping Thursday afternoon. They each got a new outfit and a pair of shoes for the spring. It took us all afternoon to find something for everyone. . . but I think everyone was happy by the end of the day!

Thursday night and all day Friday was spent at the ball park watching Luke's team play baseball in a tournament. It was painful to watch. . . they didn't do very well. Tons of errors. They didn't look anything like the team we watched in St. George just a couple weeks ago. Lost all 4 of their games. But there were a few positives. .

  • Luke got to pitch in the first game for a couple innings. He was nervous, but did really well.

  • While Luke was playing catcher in one of the games, there was an amazing throw from the center fielder to home plate for an out at the plate. It was pretty awesome.
  • There was also an incredible diving catch made in the outfield by one of the other players on Luke's team. We won't talk any more about how poorly the team looked. It was a rough couple of games. Hopefully they can put this tournament behind them and get prepared for games this weekend!!
We were busy on Saturday. David worked on the downstairs bathroom. . . we are just about ready for the plumber now!! We do things slowly, but eventually they get done! (I will post pictures when it is all completed) I cleaned, did laundry, did some much needed gorcery shopping. . . . . then we went out to do some yard work. We did some weeding and then went to get a load of ground cover to put in the yard. It looks good. We still need one more load. . .hopefully later this week. I also have a few plants that I need to plant. Can you see my bulbs starting to pop up?? Should have some nice tulips in the next week or so to share!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love those productive weekends! Sorry to hear Luke's team had a hard time; you got some fun pictures, though!

Linda Toolson said...

Glad you had some shopping success. I'll bet the girls were happy to get some things. You have lots more stores to chose from where you are.

It is good to look for the positive in games like that. Hopefully, they will do better next time.

Shareen said...

I wish I was better and getting my kids involved in family work time. I'm sure it would be good for them.

Heidi said...

The yard is looking great! I have had a few bulbs pop up and am so happy for a bit of color in the yard. I can't wait to see the bathroom all finished and to see your yard landscaped!

Jaime said...

you're yard looks so great. I wish mine did. We're on a fixer upper kind of property, and there is so much yard work to get done it's crazy. You've inspired me though. So I had better get to work.