Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gratitude. ... Nov. 9

I am grateful for. . . . .

BASKETBALL! Well. . . . kind of. ... Seeing your children smiling with happiness is definitely something that makes any parent happy. The past two nights, Luke has been trying out for the High School 8th grade Bantam basketball team. He came home beaming with excitement last night, because he was so excited about his team! David is actually going to coach. So I am also greatful that David isn't coaching at the Jr. High this year so he can devote his time to coaching Luke instead! OH. ... and the JAZZ beat Miami in overtime last night too. . ..so that doesn't make me as happy as Luke's basketball, but still a little something to be happy about :)

So I am greatful for Basketball!

6 comments:

becky said...

I understand your love of sports! Especially when they involve your own kids! Definately will miss it...I am not a huge fan of pro sports but I like HS and college.

Jen said...

hahaha! Looks like we feel the same about basketball! So happy for Luke! I assume he made the team then?

Shannon said...

Congrats to Luke! I appreciate your enthusiasm for a sport your kids enjoy... I'm not quite up to pro sports ;)

Julia Kelly said...

Yes, we love basketball in our home. I'm not sure if i'm happy the team we are rooting for won..or if I'm happier because Jacob will be happy his team won...

Heidi said...

Yeah for Luke! AND for Dave -- I am just glad he was still coaching when Alli was on his team!

Linda Toolson said...

It is nice that David can spend his time with his own son instead of working with other kids. Good for Luke and David. (I also love sports.)