Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude

". . . That ye live in Thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you" Alma 34:38

I love the idea of posting something I am greatful for everyday for the month of November. . . but. . . I am getting a late start. I somehow either go crazy with my posting, or I get so far behind that it is hard to catch up! But I want to join in the gratitude November. So here I am playing catch up. . . with a lack of pictures. . . I will try to be better after today.

Nov. 1. . .. I am thankful for thoughtful people, like my sister in law, Shannon. I received a little surprise in the mail that made my day! I will forever be learning from Shannon the meaning of thoughtfulness!

Nov. 2. . . .I am thankful for a nice job. I enjoy working at Nordstrom.

Nov. 3. . . . I am greatful that I get to listen to Elizabeth read from the scriptures(well I get to listen to all my kids read during scrpicture and prayer, which I am greatful for. . . but I am especially thankful for getting to listen to Elizabeth) because she has improved so much!

Nov. 4. . . .. I am greatful for inspired leaders. I met with the Bishop and was extended a release from the Primary Presidency. It was a testimony building experience for me how Heavenly Father is aware of me and what I need in my life.

Nov. 5. . . . I am greatful for a thoughtful husband, who makes me feel like it is OK if I decide I want to lay on the couch and relax instead of clean the house!! He even will bring me food when I feel so lazy I don't even want to get up. . . .what a guy :)

Nov. 6. . . . I am greatful for Vin's new family (our dog). We sold Vin to her new family. They will be able to give her the attention she deserves. I do feel bad that our girls were sad. . .. but I am also greatful that they understand. .. . .

Nov. 7. .. . I am greatful for the amazing women I have worked with in the Primary! I can't say enough how I will miss working closely with each of them. . . .they have been such a strength to me the past year.

Nov. 8. . . . .I am greatful for quiet time. Kids in bed. Time to think. Ahhhh

So now I am quickly caught up. . .. Hopefully I can finish out the month with a few pictures to make it interesting!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Kristie! What surprises! Good for you for catching up and decompressing and doing all you do. Hopefully you can get a breath in before the holidays come, right? :)

(btw - the pants are done! Sorry it took so long!)

becky said...

welcome aboard... haha
can't wait for pictures!

Julia Kelly said...

Loved reading your list. I love posting something each day too. And I'm constantly thinking of my blessings through out the day. Can't wait for more...

Shannon said...

Great list, Kristie. I am glad that you liked the pumpkins. :) I was pondering your comment about Elizabeth reading, and I know what you mean. It is always nice to experience good things with your kids, but when one of them has struggled with something, it makes it even sweeter. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your gratitudes!