Thursday, June 5, 2008

Almost Done

So our bathroom is in the final stages of being completed. I was actually able to use the shower for the first time today. Very exciting. We love it! Unfortunately, I don't have a "before" picture of the bathroom. But the tile was ugly brown around the shower as well as the vanily. This is the ugly tile in our kitchen (hopefully a remodel at some point down the road), which is similar to the old tile that was in our bathroom. The tile on the floor is a beautiful marble, which comes up a little on the wall as well. Really nice. I LOVE having a new toilet that has SUPER flush! Seriously, you have no idea how much I love having a toilet that flushes properly and fast! It also is going to save us a TON of water.

We widened the door and replaced the old brown hollow door with a white 6 panel door. We love the chair rail also. Painting still needs to be done, so the wall is not complete yet, but I was too excited to wait. This is another AWESOME part of the bathroom. Jeff did an amazing job making these custom built in shelves in the shower. Did I say how much we love the glass tile accents as well that go through out the bathroom?
This is our new vanity with black onyx granite top. We basically designed the whole bathroom around this piece. David just finished hooking up the drain today. You can see on the wall where he just finished the dry wall around the outlet and light switch. Now if we could only do something about this. .. . We are going to put in a glass door, but that is on hold for a little while. Unfortunatley we have to use this ugly shower rod, liner and old hooks. I guess we can't have it all right now.
This next week we will paint, and I am going to get new towels and bath rug. I love our new bathroom. What do you think?

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Kristie I LOVE it. I really like the subway tile -- they look great. Plus all the custom features! I really like the shelves that will be so convenient.

I bet it was one of the best showers you have had!

Becky said...

I love the built in shelves in the shower. We have a tiny shower with a separate huge tub, which I thought I would love, but who has time to soak in a big tub (with no jets) and pay the water bill, there is no place to put all my "stuff" shampoo in our tiny shower but on the floor! And after managing apt. for 6 years, if I never look at a glass shower door again it will be too soon. So, get a pretty curtain and be glad you don't have to clean the door!

Anonymous said...

I love it too. And I totally agree with Becky. When they gave us an option to get a glass shower door, I said, No Way. I did not want to have to clean a glass door. I'm so glad I said no.

Julia Kelly said...

It looks amazing Kristie! Dave and Jeff did an awesome job. What color are you going to paint it? I love the black and white colors and the vanity is so pretty. How fun! So what's the next project? :)

Angie said...

Sooo cool! The tile work is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you. It is great to have a beautiful bathroom. I love going into my bathroom. As far as I am concerned it is the best room in the house! Maybe you will find yourself hanging out in the bathroom. Maybe you should consider getting one of those nice rounded shower rods like we have in our hall bathroom with a really nice shower curtain. However I do love my shower glass doors because it shows off the beautiful shower. The glass is especially treated so it is easy to clean.

Julia Kelly said...

Wow...you guys did an awesome job. It looks great.

Jacob

Shannon said...

Kristie, I love your bathroom! Totally gorgeous. When I was at Target the other day they had these pottery-barnish white terry cloth shower curtains. That would look perfect with a silver rod and rings! You are lucky David and his brother are so handy. They did a great job!

Jaime said...

I love it!!! I love the glass tile accent, that is pretty fancy. Hope you get your shower door soon.