Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer so far

I have had several pictures that I have meant to post and have got a bit behind. So in the next day or so I am going to do a couple posts of our summer activities so far. School was out on May 29 and Kennedy "graduated" from second grade.

She really liked her teacher, Ms.KJ.

We've had a variety of activities so far this summer. The girls have enjoyed playing a lot with their friend, Juliette. They enjoyed playing in the sprinklers on one of our warmer days.

Kung fu Panda, Watch out!

Yard work is never ending. I have been out weeding every day to try and get the yard under control. I don't know if it is ever going to happen, but I am making progress. There is such a network of weeds that it is difficult to get all of them up.

This is just to give you an idea of what I am trying to tackle. The middle picture is of my piles of weeds after amost 3 hours of working. The third picture is of my forest of weeds waiting to be pulled. If anyone gets bored, I have plenty of weeds to go around.

I had to put this picture of Mia holding a popsicle. We went through a whole box of otter pops in a week. Mia pulls up a chair to get in the freezer and help herself. I find the wrappers all over the place.

We have had a few family get togethers as well. This last weekend we celebrated June birthdays in the Kindrick family. Cortt turned 14 on the 5th, and Kennedy's is coming up on the 18th. Since we are going to be out of town, we celebrated with the family early.

This is my very sad cake. It was sad to start with because I attempted to decorate, but then Mia stepped on the lid in the car. One bonus is that the kids enjoyed licking all the frosting off the lid. Both of the cakes. Eliza didn't have any candles so we used these big ones. Better than nothing, but they looked pretty funny. Eliza had dropped Cortt's cake, but it fared much better than Kennedy's did. Kennedy really likes her cousin, Cortt. She just wasn't going to be happy until we had some sort of celebration for their birthdays. We have spent a fair amount of time at the ball park as well. Luke has done well and so far his team is 3-1. His last game was his best so far. He was 3 for 3 with two doubles and a single, and 3 rbis. He played first base most of the game. Had one really nice play there as well.

Right before one of his doubles.

I will post some more of our adventures at the end of the week.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! Love the mishap with the cake, I can totally relate. Love the ball pictures too, I'm hoping to take some better pictures at Andrew's next game, I just hope the other team shows up this time.

Julia Kelly said...

fun, fun, fun. can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Shannon said...

You are here with us now, so I could just tell you in person...aren't you glad it is summer? Your pics are great; but seeing you all for real is even better! :)