Sunday, January 25, 2009

Eyre Kick. ..

I had to share two of my "happiness" pictures from my 365 project this weekend. I spent a good amount of time devoted to Jane Eyre. I read and finished the book "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde. Loved it. Friday night when I was just a bit into the book, I decided I needed to have a little review of what happens in the actual book Jane Eyre, so I pulled out the Masterpiece Theatre movie. David sat down to watch it with me, and I didn't think he would make it through it to the end, but he did. And not only did he watch the whole thing, but we stayed up until 2 am to finish it! The first disc finished at about midnight and I thought we would stop and watch the next one later, but we both had a bit too much diet coke, so we popped in the next disc. Once we started it, I had to watch it until the end. I loved it. .. . both the book and the show. I great weekends entertainment for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that version of Jane Eyre. And I'm always surprised when I go back to read the book how good it is.

Heidi said...

I love Jane Eyre too. Cord & I watch Masterpiece every Sunday night. I love the latest one -- sooo good.
It's nice to just hang out with your husband and watch a movie. I'm glad you got to do it!

Jaime said...

having time with your hubby is wonderful, and watching a good show on top of that, is even more wonderful. Glad you are enjoying the book.

Stephen said...

I love, love, love Jasper Fforde! The Thursday Next series is so fun, as is The Big Over Easy and the one about the three bears. Funny that you mentioned Masterpiece too: I just finished watching (good ole nap time) the second part of Wuthering Heights that aired last night. So great...

becky said...

if i'm not on vacation it seems i can't finish a book. i'm still not through the 3rd book, eclipse. katie has now taken it so it might be a while longer! maybe on our upcoming trip. glad you had a good week-end.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend. After I've immersed myself in a book/movie (I did it with Anne of Green Gables not long ago, and of course had to reread Twilight for the bajillionth time after the movie) I always feel like I am going to bump into the characters walking down my street. Did that happen to you, or is it just my mind that is obsessive? :)

Unknown said...

that is EXACTLY how my mind is too, shannon. i think Mr. Rochester is going to show up any time now!!

Julia Kelly said...

I'll have to get reading again. It seems like it's been forever since I've read. I keep meaning to stop by the library to pick up a book, but always forget.