Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy!!

My family has been posting on their blogs 10 things that make them happy. . . .it is a great idea to help keep the winter blues away this time of year. . .

So here is my list of 10 things that make me happy. . .in no particular order!

  1. Laughter. . . I love hearing other people laugh, and laughing myself (although I don't laugh nearly enough). Today I was listening to Brian Regan and was literally laughing so hard I was crying. . . .and I was alone in the car. People next to me were probably wondering at my sanity. But I found it refreshing. . .
  2. Productivity. . . . I love when I look back on my day and can see what I have accomplished. Not every day is like this. There are too many that I wonder what in the world I accomplished?? But lately I have been making lists of what I need to accomplish each day, and find great satisfaction in seeing things crossed out and done!
  3. Saturday Nights. . . . David's mom, Mary usually comes down every Sat. night. This usually means date night for David and I. I love that I get a chance to get out with my hubby, and know that the kids are in good hands. Even when we don't go out. . .. I love having Mary come down to "hang out" with us!
  4. A good book/book club. . . .Most of you know that I really enjoy reading. I usually prefer reading to watching tv. There are too many good things to read out there! Usually I prefer to read things that are fun and give me a bit of an escape. . .. but I like all kinds of things. I also recently started going to book club with some friends once a month. I am new to the group, but love the great group of ladies that I am meeting, and it gives me a chance to get out for some "girl time"!
  5. Sunshine. . . .I am craving the sun right now!! It makes me happy
  6. Finding a good deal. . . David and I are sometimes teased by our spending habits. . . but I have a hard time buying anything that isn't a great deal! We love coupons! and I am not ashamed to admit it. . .
  7. Family Time. . . . This includes all kids of family time. From scripture time with my own little family, to sunday dinners with David's family, to trips to St George to see my parents, to family reunions, to shopping trips with my sisters and mom, etc etc. I love it!!
  8. A Good Work out. . . . I love the feeling that I worked hard and did something good for my body.
  9. Quiet Evenings. . . I must be a Toolson! I love when the kids have gone to bed and the house is quiet. I love having time to either read quietly, or spend time snuggling with David watching a little tv or a movie together!
  10. Great Kids. . . . I love my kids. They make me happy and I love seeing them tackle all things that life throws their way. I feel honored to me their mom.
So now it's YOUR turn. .. if you haven't done this already. (and most of the five of you that actually read this already have).

7 comments:

Linda Toolson said...

Very thoughtful list. It has been fun to read all of the Happy Lists. I think it is goo for us. Thanks to Shannon for starting this.

Shareen said...

Your book club sounds like fun. I would love to join one.

Shannon said...

You are a kindred spirit! Love productivity and laughter... I WISH I loved exercise, haha. You are a great example in that area. :)

Unknown said...

note, shannon, that I love the feeling when i am DONE with a workout!! I don't necessarily love the workout part!!

Heidi said...

What a great list! It is good to take a minute and reflect on the things that make us happy. Maybe I'll do this on my blog too. Oh & I'll glad you are coming to book club as well! :)

kelly said...

great list kristie!
especially 3,4,5,8,&10!

Angie said...

I'm along the same lines as you. I love getting a good deal. It's like a high for me. I hate paying full price for ANYTHING.