Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ups and Downs of December. . ..

December was full of ups and downs for me.. . .thus not much blogging, and I am playing catch up all at once. . . sorry about three posts in one day!!

We had some hard times this month. ..

  • My Mom and Dad having to return from their mission in Germany due to health issues. . . I hate Cancer. . . I HATE it!
  • Our heat has given us a lot of issues. A LOT of cold days in December for us. . . .and our fireplace broke at the same time. .. NOT fun!!

But we have also enjoyed some great moments in the month.. . .

  • Christmas in St George with my parents, and sister's family
  • Party with David's family
  • Some good basketball games for David's team
  • Shopping with my Mom and Shareen in Las Vegas

We visited the Temple Grounds in St George. It was a little chilly (well, not compared to Spanish Fork. .. . but still a little cold), but beautiful! They have a nice manger scene to view and listen to.
Mia loves Grandma and Grandpa. . . even though she still won't talk to them!!
Gingerbread house decorating. Nothing fancy, but it was fun!
Christmas Eve pictures.
We had a great holiday week with Mike, Shareen, Camille, and Anya. I was a horrible photographer. I snapped this photo on our last night together while the girls were watching a show. They had a fun time.
We returned home to a freezing cold house with no heat on the 30th of December! We did finally get it fixed. .. . but it was a bit of a fiasco. We have radiant heat, and had to replace the pump. . .. long story. . .. but after an entire afternoon. .. .. digging up the water main in the yard in a snow storm. . . etc. . . . long story. . . Let's just say it is working now at least. Thank goodness!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I was so sorry to hear about your heat - not fun! But glad that you had a nice Christmas. I am very jealous of that shopping trip! :)

Julia Kelly said...

I am excited to see you guys this week! Are you coming on Saturday and staying through Sunday? Loraya and Isaac will be excited to play with their cousins!

Amy said...

I'm sorry your parents had to come home and are SICK! How awful. Glad you had a good Christmas. Happy New Year!

Linda Toolson said...

We were so glad you were here. It helped us to have family around and took my mind off the disappointment of leaving our mission.

Shareen said...

I'm glad to hear your heat has been fixed. We've been worried about you.

becky said...

I'm glad you had some ups with your downs, there are times when it seems like it can just be downs! Kyle will be glad you got your heat fixed too :)